Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 11:43:18 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 11/23/09 and Blog- NASCAR Review
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 11/23/09 and Blog- NASCAR Review  ( 2391 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : November 22, 2009, 11:30:21 PM »

Monday November 23, 2009
Picture of the Day

I took this picture back in early November. I was working at school, looked out, and went outside and took this picture.

NASCAR REVIEW
Well, the NASCAR season is over and Jimmie Johnson won his record breaking fourth consecutive championship.
Big deal.
Seriously. I could care less.

I know I always do a NASCAR preview before the Daytona 500, and try to foresee the the year ahead.
So I went back and looked at what I wrote.
Some was right on. Joey Logano will win Rookie of the Year. Mark Martin was definitely the Comeback of the Year. I said it was hard to bet against Johnson for the title, but I went with Carl Edwards. I think Tony Stewart was the surprise of the year as first year owner/driver, leading the points leading up to the end of the "regular season".
Brad Keselowski, Logano, and David Reutimann all collected their first wins of their careers.
As far as Top Story, I thought the ecomomy was still going to sour and teams and NASCAR might suffer. Wrong. Probably the top story is Johnson winning his fourth title. You did have some drivers not winning any races this year-Dale Earnhardt, Jr., and Carl Edwards to name a couple.
You had the highlight film crashes at Talledega, with Edwards airborne and in the fence in the spring. Then NASCAR says they can't bump draft, and the fall race was a lot of single file stuff.

But all in all, I'd rather be at the races than watching it on TV. I never turned on the Homestead race until it was over, and Johnson was celebrating the championship.
I still like drivers. I want to see Tony Stewart win. I follow Denny Hamlin, Michael Waltrip and Juan Pablo Montoya on Twitter.
I may just be in a downslide.
But I still will look forward to the Daytona 500. Because if they are racing down south, spring is just around the corner.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: