Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:52:59 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 11/21/09 and Blog- Feeling Old
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 11/21/09 and Blog- Feeling Old  ( 3206 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : November 21, 2009, 12:25:01 AM »

Saturday November 21, 2009
Picture of the Day

A muddy Mill Brook after Friday morning's rain.

FEELING OLD
Well, they had Midnihgt Madness Friday night at school for the high school. I could hear the music playing as I was cleaning the rooms downstairs in the high school. They play the usual modern dance stuff. The Cha Cha Dance, or something(Move to the left, move to the left, slide to the right), and the latest hip-hop.
They also play some older stuff.
When they were playing Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean", I kinda stopped a minute and thought..............
That song came out 7 or 8 years before the current senior class was even born. How is that possible. It was '82/'83 when Michael was all the rage. Seems like yesterday. No, he died yesterday, Thriller was released about 10 years ago, or so it seems. 27 years ago. Jeez..........

One final question.
How is it that all the kids know the words to Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'". The song starts playing, and the entire crowd is singing along.

Just a small town girl
Livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train
Goin' anywhere
Just a city boy
Born and raised in South Detroit
He took the midnight train
Goin' anywhere

And WHY do they know the words?

And teenagers are still fascinated with "Grease". They played Summer Nights. The boys sang John Travolta's part. The girls sang Olivia Newton-John's lines.

Back at our dances, we used to sing along to Eric Clapton's "Cocaine".
She don't like, she don't li-ike,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,COCAINE!!!

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : November 21, 2009, 02:33:49 AM »

OLD, yes we are....

Katrina & The Waves, anyone?
Walking on Sunshine?

AC/DC, Back in Black?

Jeebeers, Mike, we old.
Where is my walker?
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : November 21, 2009, 08:38:30 AM »

Back in the days of the 45prm singles, I used to buy them by the boat load. Any song I liked, I bought the single. And yes, I do have Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
7F24
: 253

« #3 : November 21, 2009, 09:47:42 AM »

"Make room for my forty-fives
Along beside your seventy-eights
Nothing survives"

Jackson Browne is getting old too.  How many kids today know what 45's and 78's are?
: [1]  
« previous next »
: