Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:55:02 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 11/7/09 and Blog- End of the Decade
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 11/7/09 and Blog- End of the Decade  ( 3048 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : November 06, 2009, 11:19:05 PM »

November 7, 2009
Picture of the Day

BEER'S HERE!!!!

END OF THE DECADE
Again with a nod to Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN2.....................
They were talking about this being the end of the decade, or is it? is 2010 part of this decade, or the next. Mike Greenberg was having a time trying to figure it out. Mike Golic's easy answer was when you talk about 1990, are you talking about the 80s or 90s? You are talking about the 90s.
So the single digit era of the 21st Century has less than 2 months to go before we enter The Teens.
What wondrous things will come our way?
I was remembering back to 1979, and I was jumping around the radio dial (I used to listen to the radio a lot those days), and a couple of people were discussing predictions for the 1980s. One man said, "I think one thing that will definitely happen................is that Charles will become King of England.".
Eeerrrrrhhhhnnnnnnt. Wrong.
30 years later-THIRTY YEARS LATER!- and he's still Prince Charles.
So we bid adeiu to the single digits. Wasn't it just yesterday that we were panicking over Y2K?
THE SATELLITES ARE GOING TO FALL OUT OF THE SKY!!
ALL COMPUTERS WILL CRAP THEMSELVES AND SIT THERE AND SMOLDER!
Then Dec. 31, 1999 came and we watched country after country celebrate the new millennium.
As Lewis Black said, "In Afghanistan, where they don't have two sticks to rub together, THEY were celebrating."
Nothing happened. Nothing crashed. Nobody died. We endured.
So, so long, single digits. It's been...........................interesting.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : November 15, 2009, 02:45:18 AM »

WRONG TRUCK.
Miller Lite, is needed.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: