Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:23:18 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Attempted Armed Robbery At Champlain Farms Near Costco Exit
« previous next »
: [1]
: Attempted Armed Robbery At Champlain Farms Near Costco Exit  ( 2756 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 30, 2009, 07:35:57 AM »

Colchester Police are investigating an attempted armed robbery this morning and the suspect is on the loose.

Police say at around 1:30 a.m. a masked man carrying a hammer and a spray can type object entered the Champlain Farms on Route 7 near Exit 16 in Colchester and demanded money from the clerk.

The clerk refused and attempted to push the suspect out of the store to avoid being sprayed. The suspect hit the clerk with the hammer before fleeing toward South Park Drive. The clerk wasn't seriously injured.

The suspect is described as a white male, between 6' and 6'2" tall wearing brown canvas Carhartt type pants, a green shirt and a green ski mask. Anyone with information is asked to call police.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : October 30, 2009, 02:56:02 PM »

Press Release

DATE:   October 30, 2009
INCIDENT NUMBER: 09CC07036   
OFFICER: Sergeant Charles Cole
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Colchester Police are investigating the attempted Armed Robbery of the Champlain Farms convenience store located on US Route 7 near Exit 16 in Colchester, VT. 

At approximately 01:33 AM this morning, a male subject wearing a mask entered the store and demanded money from the clerk.  The suspect was holding a hammer in one hand and a spray can type object in the other hand.  The clerk refused to surrender the money and advanced towards the suspect.  The clerk grabbed the suspect in an attempt to force the suspect out of the store to avoid being sprayed with the item the suspect was holding.  The suspect struck the clerk one time with the hammer and then left the store.  The clerk was not seriously injured and watched the suspect flee to the rear of the store towards South Park Drive.   

The suspect is described as a white male between 6’00” and 6’02” tall wearing brown canvas Carhartt type pants, a green shirt, with a green ski mask pulled over his head & face. 

Surveillance footage of this crime is forthcoming later this morning and will be distributed to the MEDIA as soon as it becomes available.  Anyone with any information about this crime is urged to call the Colchester Police Department at 802.264.5555.   

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: