Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:52:43 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 10/22/09 and Blog- Odds and Ends
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 10/22/09 and Blog- Odds and Ends  ( 3771 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : October 21, 2009, 10:00:20 PM »

October 22, 2009
Picture of the Day

What will become of this building after the Vermont Food Venture moves out??

ODDS AND ENDS

They are going to start working on the little bridge in the center of the village very soon. They will do what work they can before the snow flies, then in the spring, close the road for a month to complete everything. Found that out Tuesday night at the firestaion. Thanks for the info, DJ.

I have no local channels off the satellite dish. Buggar. A technician is coming Saturday, so in the meantime, no FlashForward Thursday and no Dollhouse Friday. Flying crap.

The tours of the museum went well Wednesday morning. I try to leave a lasting impression on the kids. I talk about recording your own history. Take a shoebox. Go to a concert? Keep the ticket stub, put it in the box. Baseball game. Put the stub in the box. Some major event happens? Cut the article out of the paper, put it in the box. 20 years down the road, you open the box, pull out the baseball game ticket stub, it will jog your memory, and you will find yourself back at the game. That's all our museum is, an oversized shoebox or scrapbook. People come in, see old tools on the wall or old kitchen utensils, and they think back to when their parents or grandparents used to use those things.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : October 25, 2009, 06:16:48 AM »

Is that PARSON'S old store?
Maple and 104? Or whatever it is called now.....
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : October 25, 2009, 08:25:32 AM »

Yes, that was Alderman's Store before 1970. The store was on one side and the post office on the other. Then Howard Parsons bought the building, and the post office moved to where Foothills Bakery is now across the street. Howard sold the store to John Simon mid 70s.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: