Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:25:00 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Three Fairfax Residents Featured In White Cane Awareness Day Article
« previous next »
: [1]
: Three Fairfax Residents Featured In White Cane Awareness Day Article  ( 2052 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 19, 2009, 08:40:31 AM »

Nat Worman did an article on White Cane Awareness Day and it appeared in The Weekend Edition Of The St. Albans Messenger.  Rachel Martell, Shirley Shores and Maurice Cook, now of St. Albans, but formerly of Fairfax are shown in the photo below.  They are each interviewed in the story and are shown in one of the photos below:

Independence, freedom and identity are the watchwords that keep people on the move, alert and alive, like Rachel Martell, 87, and Shirley Shores, 77, close friends from Fairfax.

Martell, partially blind, can't read a magazine held up close but loves visiting and Shores doesn't let macular degeneration stop her from running her antique business.

Maurice Cook, 76, of St. Albans, drove truck for McDermott's Inc. for 26 years. He can remember the day, 24 years ago this December, when he could no longer trust his eyes and the job he loved sped from View. It brings tears to his eyes now but his spirit shines through he eyes as bright as ever.
« : October 19, 2009, 10:15:40 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Sue W.
: 167

« #1 : October 19, 2009, 11:26:47 AM »

Mr. Cook picked up the milk at our farm.  He was always a pleasure to visit with.  I am sure it made him sad to give up his job. 
: [1]  
« previous next »
: