Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:12:59 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Surprise Pictures of the Day 10/15/09 and Blog- In The Beginning..............
« previous next »
: [1]
: Surprise Pictures of the Day 10/15/09 and Blog- In The Beginning..............  ( 3485 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : October 14, 2009, 10:15:01 PM »

October 15, 2009
Surprise Pictures of the Day
I was looking through some pictures and found these..........

Anthony with his first racing go-kart. I want to say September 1993.

Not sure who the guy on the left is, but there's Carl, Anthony, and Anthony's grandfather, Hector LeClair, in the pit area at Thunder Road.

Anthony at speed at Thunder Road.

I cropped the above picture for a closer look.

IN THE BEGINNING............................
I always have to work backwards with Anthony's racing career.
In 1999, he started with the mini-sprints. Before that, it was go-karts.
I know he ran Juniors (go-karts) at Devil's Bowl. So he was 15 then. That had to have been 1994.
1996, he raced at Malone, NY with the adult 2-cycle class.
The above pictures took place September 1993.
It was the last race for the group at Thunder Road. We showed up with a gas powered motor. Everyone else ran alcohol. They still made him run a restrictor plate. Needless to say, he finished a couple of laps down.
But that's where it all started.......................
I will be looking through my pictures so if I find any others, and I know there's more, I will post them.
One final note. I don't remember why he started with #11. He settled on #15(even his high school baseball uniform was 15) because of Derek Lynch, who was driving an ACT car for Brian Latuch and Karl Osha. They had their shop over on Sam Webb Road. Carl and Anthony used to go over and help out some, and Anthony idolized Derek, whose car was #15.

GOODYEAR UPDATE
Found out why the Goodyear tire trailer was at Cayuga County in Weedsport last Friday. Goodyear has signed to be the official tire of the World of Outlaws in 2010. They did a tire testing session at Williams Grove the previous Sunday, and were going to do another tire testing session at Weedsport after the 360 races. That's a real bummer. Had we not rained out, after we got done, a few Outlaws would have been running hot laps with Goodyear tires. THAT would have been great to watch. Stupid rain.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: