Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:29:27 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 10/1/09 and Blog- VT Sports Makes National Spotlight, Again
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 10/1/09 and Blog- VT Sports Makes National Spotlight, Again  ( 3801 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : September 30, 2009, 10:31:25 PM »

October 1, 2009
Picture of the Day

Took this picture with the iPhone. You can see how Georgia Hill is changing colors. Rapidly.

VERMONT SPORTS MAKES NATIONAL SPOTLIGHT, AGAIN
Remember a few years back when Fairfax beat Milton, 5-3, in Boys Basketball? it was mentioned on ESPN, and Sports Illustrated.
Well, Vermont high school sports is again making it outside the Green Mountain State.
An article in the Chicago Sun Times mentions a bizarre finish to a football game played this past weekend between Otter Valley and Mt. Mansfield.
A bit of a confession here. I found this on Twitter. It was a re-tweet from actress Alyssa Milano. It mentioned a bizarre football finish, and gave a URL. I clicked the URL, went to the Sun Times page, and then clicked on the video link, and suddenly WCAX Channel 3 Sports comes on.
Here's the article:

The most bizarre ending to a football game you'll ever see
By Kyle Kosteron September 30, 2009 9:56 AM 
In the pantheon of heartbreaking losses, the following has to be near the top.

With Otter Valley (Vt.) clinging to a 16-14 lead over Jericho Mount Mansfield with a second to play, this high school football game looked to be over when Mansfield's 46-yard field goal attempt fell way short.

But then, in a move that combined all the worst parts of Leon Lett, DeSean Jackson and Bill Buckner, Otter Valley's Casey Babcock spiked the football while it was still live, allowing Mansfield's Jeff Sutherland to scoop it up and scamper eight yards for the winning touchdown.

(The astounding play is at the 1:30 mark)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1JpJ53FbXg&feature=player_embedded

Have you ever, ever seen a more befuddling play? Even the coldest of souls has to feel a little bad for the kid who threw the ball down and started celebrating. If only he'd been born before YouTube.

One neat thing, BFA's shutout of Mt. Abraham is seen in the scores at the bottom of the screen, and is mentioned towards the end.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #1 : October 02, 2009, 06:06:30 AM »

OUCH, bad day for one good for someone else
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : October 02, 2009, 09:35:22 AM »

I saw that yesterday, Mike.
It was linked off of FARK!

I hope that kid doesn't take too much of a hazing for that.
He was excited and caught up in the moment.

Even the "pros" make mistakes.
7F30
: 47

« #3 : October 02, 2009, 01:45:45 PM »

I have Yahoo for a home page and this game is the headliner in the sports.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: