Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:24:42 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Street sign missing
« previous next »
: [1]
: Street sign missing  ( 5401 )
woodstoves2
: 46

« : September 20, 2009, 04:38:48 PM »

The street sign at the corner of River Road and Shepherdson Hollow Road is missing from its pole.
Visitors looking for Shepherdson Hollow Road (without a gps unit) are bound to miss it.
edakrupp

« #1 : September 20, 2009, 05:13:13 PM »

As they will Chaffee and Megan on that stretch
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #2 : September 21, 2009, 09:26:42 AM »

You did call the town offices right?  they're usually pretty swift to address these issues - although ordering a new sign may take soem time.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
edakrupp

« #3 : September 21, 2009, 09:46:44 AM »

I brought several things up at a select board meeting- regarding crime, drugs and destruction of public property. They said it would be a good community effort to clean the graffiti ed signs - save the town money, contact Mr. Pigeon regarding replacement signs, praised community watches, and cant do much about the drugs except stay vigilant.  and when I brought up Fire works, they laughed and dismissed the idea.
Jason Elledge
: 31

« #4 : September 21, 2009, 12:03:36 PM »

Does anyone know what is the best way to clean up graphittied signs?  Should we repaint or are there thinners/chemicals that may remove a recent layer of spray paint?
trussell
: 870

« #5 : September 21, 2009, 12:39:29 PM »

There IS a solvent that works fairly well on spray paint- and I believe it's made specifically for road signs.  I just can't remember what it is.  I'm sure the Burlington Police Dept would know...

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Judi
: 508

« #6 : September 21, 2009, 02:25:28 PM »

I brought several things up at a select board meeting- regarding crime, drugs and destruction of public property. They said it would be a good community effort to clean the graffiti ed signs - save the town money, contact Mr. Pigeon regarding replacement signs, praised community watches, and cant do much about the drugs except stay vigilant.  and when I brought up Fire works, they laughed and dismissed the idea.
  It would be a great job for someone who is doing community service. I don't know if the corrections department should be contacted to suggest the job or what.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #7 : September 24, 2009, 10:29:26 PM »

A good solvent for that is actually called GOOF OFF.

I am NOT telling you all where I learned that at.

Let the comments roll.........................................................
: [1]  
« previous next »
: