Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:22:55 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  ACORN
« previous next »
: [1]
: ACORN  ( 8563 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : September 15, 2009, 04:53:20 PM »

I'm curious what folks here think about ACORN.
Have you heard of it ?

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : September 16, 2009, 07:55:33 AM »

ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now

Personally, I am not big on Organizations as I like to have my own opinion and not be told what my opinion is going to be.

Henry Raymond
trussell
: 870

« #2 : September 16, 2009, 11:49:18 AM »

I haven't done any research on my own about ACORN, but Leahy and Sanders are 2 of only 7 Senators (out of 90, I believe) that voted to continue funding for them.  As one friend of mine put it they are a "corrupt organization that supports child abuse and illegal activities".  I'm not sure exactly what activities he's referring to, but I trust that his facts and accusations are accurate.

-Trevor

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
7F30
: 47

« #3 : September 16, 2009, 12:19:14 PM »

Is this the same group that was registering dead people to vote in last election?
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #4 : September 16, 2009, 12:51:01 PM »

Is this the same group that was registering dead people to vote in last election?

one in the same

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #5 : September 16, 2009, 01:29:48 PM »

CNN did indeed expose ACORN for voter fraud.
Check this video for the broadcast:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkUKOSnv2zY

On another note, there are currently 99 Senators (until Senator Kennedy is replaced).
90 voted on the funding issue trussell mentioned, 9 were absent.
83 voted to cut funding while 7 voted to maintain funding with tax dollars.
« : September 16, 2009, 03:08:49 PM Henry »

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #6 : October 10, 2009, 02:28:29 AM »

ACORN,

A nut that drops outta an Oak tree?????????????

OAK TREE!
woodstoves2
: 46

« #7 : October 25, 2009, 08:08:20 PM »

While untold Billlions of taxpayer dollars go to Halliburton and other such "contractors" who leave a bloody trail of destruction, theft, rape, and waste in their wake...Senators look the other way. Ah, but if a handful minimum-wage minorities get out of line by offering bad advice or going overboard on voter "registration" (not "voting")...CUT 'EM OFF!       I swear most humans got their binoculars turned around backwards.
Mummy
: 280

« #8 : October 26, 2009, 03:33:53 AM »

It's not just the Senators who are looking the other way...  Did you hear about the mistake in Monteplier where the Accountant over paid a billed by $450,000.00.  YES ... $450,000.00 and she has stated that she will not resign!
Now if you made that mistake would you be asked to resign or firered?

As for the Senators, I am voting for anyone  - ANYONE who currently  is  NOT in office for all most all of the seats available this year!  Even Bernie will not get my vote this year!
special ED

« #9 : October 26, 2009, 04:39:19 AM »

cant add much more than that mum.
cestreet
: 37

« #10 : October 26, 2009, 07:18:01 AM »

I have no opinion about ACORN, primarily because I do not know enough about them to have one.  However, statements like the following, which is a quote from earlier in this thread referring to the poster's friend's opinion, scare and annoy me to no end. 

"I'm not sure exactly what activities he's referring to, but I trust that his facts and accusations are accurate."

Statements like this, where people form (and sometimes even act on) opinions which are not based on data, facts, or any verifiable shred of reality, make me wonder where in the world we are going.  Are we too lazy to collect the information to form our own opinions?  Do we opt to believe the "sexy", sensationalized side of things because it's less boring than researching the facts?  I just don't get it!!!

Clarice Streets

Mummy
: 280

« #11 : October 26, 2009, 08:55:11 AM »

Hummmmm lets see Clarice ... Where in the world are we going?????

Let me start by saying ... Ask any one who has been lay-ed off from IBM Where in the world did your job go to?  Have you tried calling USAIR ways?  The Operator does speak the English!  I have asked that Operator at US airways "We in the world are you located?"  Her response was Indonesia.   My initial response was where in the world is Indonesia?  Do you know where in the world your Chevy is made?  It may surprise ya!  Just like it my surprise you were people find their information out.

One can research, review all the reports and data available with the result of ...  it is all just information.  From that you need to assess the truth which lays beneath the data in front of the individual.  Statistical data can be presented to support and not support anything one desires based on the presentation angle.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: