Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:32:29 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Route 104 Paving Update
« previous next »
: [1]
: Route 104 Paving Update  ( 4278 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 11, 2009, 10:58:14 AM »

COUNT ON IT
Business Services, Inc.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN      

RE:      Route 104 Fairfax – St. Albans Town Repaving Project

DATE:      9/11/2009

The following is the schedule of the construction to take place on Route 104 for the week starting September 12, 2009.

Tomorrow, Saturday Sept 12:
   Continued paving

Monday thru Friday:  9:30am to 2:30pm
   Shoulder and ditch work to begin from the intersection of Route 104A and proceed north on 104.

Please note traffic control will be present.  We ask motorists to use extreme caution while traveling through the zone.  The safety of the workers along with the motorists is of the utmost importance.

The Public Relations telephone number for the public to call with any questions or concerns is 802-862-6085.

Henry Raymond
Scott
: 152

« #1 : September 16, 2009, 07:39:31 AM »

Anyone else wondering why the whole newly paved section has double yellow lines (no passing)????

Regards,
Scott
trussell
: 870

« #2 : September 16, 2009, 08:35:07 AM »

I believe this paint job may be temporary, as I think they are planning on doing 2 layers of pavement.

But in Vermont "double yellow" lines are only a suggestion for not passing.  As long as you're not in an intersection, hill, corner, or railroad tracks you're able to legally pass. :)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Papi
: 66

« #3 : September 16, 2009, 08:36:35 AM »

FYI:  In VT the double yellow lines are an advisory only.  You can legally pass if it is safe to do so.  Many towns won't spend the $ for engineering studies to plan out passing areas, so the roads are all done with double yellow lines.
Scott

« #4 : September 16, 2009, 05:52:48 PM »

Ah! OK Thanks...didn't know that.

Regards,
Scott
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #5 : September 16, 2009, 06:29:12 PM »

You're not alone Scott, I didn't know it either.  I thought if you got caught passing on the solid lines you could get picked up.  They sure have been quick doing the job.  Another thing I noticed is that they had a number of what looked to be very young equipment operators the day I went down through.  They had one lane done all the way to the Shores Residence.  Maybe that is one of the reasons they are doing it so fast - The new operators haven't learn how to make a short job long yet - Didn't see a single person just standing around.

Henry Raymond
Scott

« #6 : September 16, 2009, 06:43:13 PM »

lol

Regards,
Scott
mirjo
: 785

« #7 : September 19, 2009, 03:11:32 AM »

It's also illegal to pass between those DO NOT PASS signs like the one on Rte 128! ;-)

Maybe that is one of the reasons they are doing it so fast - The new operators haven't learn how to make a short job long yet - Didn't see a single person just standing around.

Or maybe they're just happy to have a job and are hoping to be kept on the payroll for the next project...

Isn't it a waste of paint to paint lines when it is just going to be paved over in a short amount of time? or do they expect to do the next coat in the spring and can't leave the plastic things up all winter? I've never seen lines painted before the paving is completed...at least the first coat anyway or the ditching for that matter. The paint guys are usually the last ones to come through usually weeks after the job is complete and you've been driving on the road sans lines for what seems like an eternity and when your're saying "when are they ever going to paint those lines?" you finally see the truck putting cones down...

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: