Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:11:29 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Photo Blog 8/26/09 FXFD Hose Testing at School
« previous next »
: [1]
: Photo Blog 8/26/09 FXFD Hose Testing at School  ( 2398 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : August 25, 2009, 10:34:27 PM »

August 26, 2009
PHOTO BLOG- FXFD HOSE TESTING AT THE SCHOOL

The hose on Engine 1 was pulled off and tested Tuesday night in the back parking lot at school. I took a few pictures when I wasn't helping out pulling hose, draining hose, etc..
I got the numbers for testing. The hoses are charged with water at 200psi for anywhere from 5-10 minutes. If a hose is going to "go", have a leak, rupture, or what, you usually find out in the first couple of minutes.

Chief Dean Potter opening the hydrant.

Opening the hydrant gate

All hoses are numbered. Deputy Chief Justin Hayes records the numbers on the hoses being tested.

It sure does start getting dark early.

Putting the hose back on the truck.

These guys just finished putting the high rise pack together. This would be taken by a firefighter if they were to go up a set of stairs in a building where there is an inside fire hose connection station. There are some in the elementary building at BFA.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: