Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:21:53 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 8/19/09 and Photo Blog- Hose Testing at the Fire Station
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 8/19/09 and Photo Blog- Hose Testing at the Fire Station  ( 3268 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : August 18, 2009, 10:23:04 PM »

Picture of the Day August 19, 2009

Clouds to the east of the village early Tuesday evening. The more I look at it, the more it almost looks like a painting.

PHOTO BLOG- HOSE TESTING AT THE FIRE STATION
Posted for Wednesday August 19th.......................

Time for the yearly testing of the fire hose we have at the staion, and on the trucks. Hose is laid out and fiilled with water from one of our pumpers. The lines are charged up , somewhere around 150-175 psi for 7 minutes as we check for leaks. The psi may be more than that, the number escapes me.

First set of hose being tested.

This hose will be taken out of service.

Second batch of hose to be tested.

Time to pick up.

Drain the lines and roll them up.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
slpott
: 457

« #1 : August 19, 2009, 07:43:03 AM »

Not sure how much hoses are but it sure is a good reason to have the 4th annual Art in Bloom Festival. I want to thank everyone on the Fairfax Fire Department for their time and talent. I know that before I started AIB I took for granted that if there was a fire the fire department would be there. I had no idea how much time it took for you all to provide this service. Having gotton to know a few of you it is very clear to me how special you all are. I remember getting work done at the house by a couple of you and having you have to leave for a call right in the middle of something. I was impressed how fast you moved. It is because of people like you that make Fairfax so special. We have a lot of individuals in this town that do more than their share and it shows. Thank you all.
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #2 : August 19, 2009, 08:13:58 AM »

As I often mention WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A FEW MORE GOOD PEOPLE.

And thank you to all current members and to those others that have helped use out in the past, present and future..
: [1]  
« previous next »
: