Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 04:48:37 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The New Steeple for Steeple Market
« previous next »
: [1]
: The New Steeple for Steeple Market  ( 4668 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : August 07, 2009, 06:42:51 PM »

I'm guessing it's going to be put in place soon. Hope someone is around to get pictures of it happening.

I think it will stand out like the old one.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Judi
: 508

« #1 : August 07, 2009, 08:04:21 PM »

It is too bad they don't have a celebration when they raise it, or may be they will.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : August 08, 2009, 01:02:16 AM »

It looks so small on the ground.

I bet it looks JUST perfect when they mount it up there!

There SHOULD be a ceremony when it is set in place.

I know I am far removed but I can still empathize with a COMMUNITY activity.

Like I said before, I attended a few services and functions there when it was a Church and then purchased items there AFTER it was a retail establishment.
bnelli6
: 22

« #3 : August 08, 2009, 07:13:01 AM »

So very pleased to see the progress of the rebuilding. It is always so depressing to see the loss of something that you worked so hard on. Frank and I have many happy memories of our time at that site.
dearon
: 233

« #4 : August 08, 2009, 07:42:28 AM »

It appears the builders are doing a very good job, the building looks terrific and the steeple is very well built (hope they put the finishing touches on it before they raise it). 
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #5 : August 08, 2009, 07:56:28 AM »

I was down on the street where Pierre lives yesterday, but at that time did not know the new steeple was as far along as it is.  If I had known, I would have gone to his house and tried to contact him to see if some people wanted to have a little "Steeple Raising Ceremony" when the put the steeple up, if something could be worked out when they do put the steeple on the roof.

I strongly suspect that the "New Steeple" will be completely finished except for attaching it to the roof when they raise it up.  Maybe that will be the last thing they do when they complete the building.  If anyone happens to see Pierre, maybe they could get a phone number for me so that I could contact him on this.

Henry Raymond
vtoutdoorguymb
: 136

« #6 : August 09, 2009, 10:27:58 PM »

I think that this is going to look great when its all together... can't wait until they are up and running again!
mmillette
: 41

« #7 : August 10, 2009, 05:37:54 PM »

It was a great loss to the community!!! Can't wait for it to be done. They always had that one thing you forgot to get or needed just before a gathering!!!! (Party) hehehe!!!
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #8 : August 11, 2009, 06:37:11 AM »

I spoke with one of the workers yesterday,
he said we should expect the steeple up next week.
I'll keep asking as that approaches.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: