Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:44:17 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Mother of Gary & Larry Comette Passes Away In Randolph
« previous next »
: [1]
: Mother of Gary & Larry Comette Passes Away In Randolph  ( 1647 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 10, 2009, 11:48:40 AM »

ARLENE (FLINT) COMETTE

RANDOLPH - Arlene Comette, 83, of Randolph, died Thursday morning, Aug. 6, 2009, at home.

She was born Oct. 2, 1925, in Randolph, the daughter of Leo and Clara (Stowe) Flint. She attended Braintree and Randolph schools, and graduated from Randolph High School in 1943. After graduation, she worked at Salisbury’s Mill for seven years, then Ethan Allen for two years, and Waterbury Companies for 19 years. She was married to Bernard Comette in Bethel in 1950. They lived in Thayer Brook Rochester Hollow for a short time, then bought the former Gerald Bowen farm on Rt. 12A in Braintree. After retiring, they moved to Fletcher, Vt., where they lived for 15 years. Bernard died in 1992, and Arlene moved to Randolph in 2004.

Survivors include her son, Gary Vee Comette and his wife, Sue, of Fletcher, Larry Lee Comette and his wife, Nancy, of Fairfax; daughters, Debra Lynn Berry and her husband, James, of Randolph, and Tami Jo Johnson and her husband, Ed, of Hollis, Maine; eight grandchildren, seven great-grandchildren; nephews and nieces. She was predeceased by her brothers: Sherwin, Hale, Robert, and Carroll Flint; and sisters: Shirley Locke, Madeline Chambers, and Avis Norton.

Graveside Services will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 11, at Green Mountain Gospel Chapel in Randolph, with Rev. Ronald E. Rilling officiating. Burial will follow at the Binghamville Cemetery in Fletcher, with a reception following at the Binghamville Church. Calling hours are from 6 to 8 p.m. today (Monday) at the Day Funeral Home in Randolph.

Contributions in her memory may be made to the American Cancer Society, PO Box 1460, Williston, Vt. 05495; or to Professional Nurses Services (BAYADA), 110 Kimball Ave. #250, So. Burlington, Vt. 05403. Online condolences may be left at www.dayfunerals.com.

Arrangements are by Day Funeral Home in Randolph.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: