Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:45:19 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  THE ONE WORD TO DESCRIBE OBAMACARE
« previous next »
: [1]
: THE ONE WORD TO DESCRIBE OBAMACARE  ( 3303 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 31, 2009, 08:44:22 AM »

I received the following in an e-mail and being a Senior Citizen, since it involved Health Care, decided to read it.  Don't know whether any of this is true or not, but I suppose could happen.  I was quite surprised recently when a relative of mine had to change doctors when her Doctor, Dr. Schulman retired his practice.  When she went to the Doctors Building in St. Albans, they told her they could not take on new patients as they were full up.  I believe they were full up for medicare patients, however, if you walked in there with a private insurance, I am sure they could find a spot for you.  Anyhow, I do not vouch for the following, but read through it if you have some spare time - Some scary things if they are true:

THE ONE WORD TO DESCRIBE OBAMACARE
    Written by Dr. Dave Janda
    Thursday, 23 July 2009

As a physician who has authored books on preventative health care, I was given the opportunity
    to be the keynote speaker at a Congressional Dinner at The Capitol Building in Washington last Friday (7/17).

The presentation was entitled Health Care Reform, The Power & Profit of Prevention, and I was gratified that it was well received.

In preparation for the presentation, I read the latest version of"reform" as authored by The Obama Administration and supported by Speaker Pelosi and Senator Reid. Here is the link to the 1,018 page document:

Let me summarize just a few salient points of the above plan. First,however, it should be clear that the same warning notice must be placed on The ObamaCare Plan as on a pack of cigarettes: Consuming this product will be hazardous to your health.

The underlying method of cutting costs throughout the plan is based on rationing and denying care. There is no focus on preventing health care need whatever. The plan's method is the most inhumane and unethical approach to cutting costs I can imagine as a physician.

The rationing of care is implemented through The National Health Care Board, according to the plan. This illustrious Board "will approve or reject treatment for patients based on the cost per treatment divided by the number of years the patient will benefit from the treatment."

Translation. ....if you are over 65 or have been recently diagnosed as having an advanced form of cardiac disease or aggressive cancer.....dream on if you think you will get treated..... pick out your coffin.

Oh, you say this could never happen? Sorry.... this is the same model they use in Britain.

The plan mandates that there will be little or no advanced treatments to be available in the future.

It creates The Federal Coordinating Council For Comparative Effectiveness Research, the purpose of which is "to slow the development of new medications and technologies in order to reduce costs." Yes, this is to be the law.

The plan also outlines that doctors and hospitals will be overseen and reviewed by The National Coordinator For Health Information and Technology.

This " coordinator" will "monitor treatments being delivered to make sure doctors and hospitals are strictly following government guidelines that are deemed appropriate. " It goes on to say....."Doctors and hospitals not adhering to guidelines will face penalties."

According to those in Congress, penalties could include large six figure financial fines and possible imprisonment.

So according to The ObamaCare Plan....if your doctor saves your life you might have to go to the prison to see your doctor for follow -up appointments. I believe this is the same model Stalin used in the former Soviet Union.

Section 102 has the Orwellian title, "Protecting the Choice to Keep Current Coverage." What this section really mandates is that it is illegal to keep your private insurance if your status changes - e.g., if you lose or change your job, retire from your job and become a senior, graduate from college and get your first job. Yes, illegal.

When Mr. Obama hosted a conference call with bloggers urging them to pressure Congress to pass his health plan as soon as possible, a blogger from Maine referenced an Investors Business Daily article that claimed Section 102 of the House health legislation would outlaw private insurance.

He asked: "Is this true? Will people be able to keep their insurance and will insurers be able to write new policies even though H.R. 3200 is passed?" Mr. Obama replied: "You know, I have to say that I am not familiar with the provision you are talking about."

Then there is Section 1233 of The ObamaCare Plan, devoted to "Advanced Care Planning."

After each American turns 65 years of age they have to go to a mandated counseling program that is designed to end life sooner.

This session is to occur every 5 years unless the person has developed a chronic illness then it must be done every year. The topics in this session will include, "how to decline hydration, nutrition and how to initiate hospice care." It is no wonder The Obama Administration does not like my emphasis on Prevention. For Mr. Obama, prevention is the "enemy" as people would live longer.

I rest my case.

The ObamaCare Plan is hazardous to the health of every American.

After I finished my Capitol Hill presentation, I was asked by a Congressman in the question-answer session: "I'll be doing a number of network interviews on the Obama Health Care Plan.
    If I am asked what is the one word to describe the plan what should I answer."

The answer is simple, honest, direct, analytical, sad but truthful.
     I told him that one word is FASCIST.

Then I added, "I hope you'll have the courage to use that word, Congressman. No other word is more appropriate. "

Dr. Dave Janda, MD, is an orthopedic surgeon, and a world-recognized expert on the prevention of sports injuries, particularly in children. His website is noinjury.com.
« : July 31, 2009, 09:07:50 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
cedarman
: 370

« #1 : August 03, 2009, 01:05:14 PM »

From what I understand about section 102 referenced in this post, existing health insurance will continue to exist.  "Private" insurance companies CAN continue to write new policies after the gov't plan goes into effect, BUT, the must be part of the "health exchange", and MUST provide all of the same benefits at the gov't plan at a MINIMUM, along with meeting all of the restrictions on premiums, coverage guarantees, etc.

There is concern that this policy will limit Private Insurance policies to Premium packages that provide far more than the gov't plan, and charge a heavy premium for the coverage.  Bottom line is, the health care system will be the average person on the gov't program, and the wealthy on a platinum plan which provides excellent coverage, and the average person can't afford.
cedarman
: 370

« #2 : August 03, 2009, 01:20:55 PM »

I'm not sure where the author gets the concept of benefits being based on cost of benefit/yrs of benefit

From what I've read so far, there is a health benefits advisory committe.  YES, they will recommend what "essential" benefits are covered.  I'm assuming for the baseline coverage that most people will have, they will be MINIMAL benefits, but so far, I haven't seen any specific guidelines laid out about HOW the benefits committee will determine which services are.   So far, it seems the whole system will work like insurance currently works with people being responsible for 25% of the cost of services (with a few exceptions for preventitive care which there will be no co-pay or cost sharing)

SEC. 123. HEALTH BENEFITS ADVISORY COMMITTEE.

(4) BENEFIT STANDARDS DEFINED- In this subtitle, the term ‘benefit
    standards’ means standards respecting--

(A) the essential benefits package described in section 122, including
      categories of covered treatments, items and services within benefit
      classes, and cost-sharing; and

(B) the cost-sharing levels for enhanced plans and premium plans (as
      provided under section 203(c)) consistent with paragraph (5).

(5) LEVELS OF COST-SHARING FOR ENHANCED AND PREMIUM PLANS-

(A) ENHANCED PLAN- The level of cost-sharing for enhanced plans shall be
      designed so that such plans have benefits that are actuarially equivalent
      to approximately 85 percent of the actuarial value of the benefits
      provided under the reference benefits package described in section
      122(c)(3)(B).

(B) PREMIUM PLAN- The level of cost-sharing for premium plans shall be
      designed so that such plans have benefits that are actuarially equivalent
      to approximately 95 percent of the actuarial value of the benefits
      provided under the reference benefits package described in section
      122(c)(3)(B).
: [1]