Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:55:59 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Henry -- Are you and Mary Ann Still Up
« previous next »
: [1]
: Henry -- Are you and Mary Ann Still Up  ( 3375 )
msm
: 211

« : August 04, 2009, 11:04:31 PM »

Two -to- Two   heading into the Bottom of the 13th .. it's now Wednesday Morning ...  My Rays have not hit with runners in scoring position and we got totally robbed in the bottom of the 8th ---  Game should have been over in 9 ...   But the Red Sox find a way to squash Tampa Bay's opportunities.

Mike M

Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : August 05, 2009, 06:00:27 AM »

The clock struck midnight, the Fairfax sky lit up from the lightning,
some loud crashes from the thunder woke more than one,
then some Ray hits one deep into the night.
No joy in Mudville.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : August 05, 2009, 06:43:51 AM »

I should have sut the TV off earlier - I shut it off when I saw those Rays dancing and whooping & hollering - What a way to end a day.

Henry Raymond
msm
: 211

« #3 : August 05, 2009, 09:16:23 AM »

Henry,

The walk-off happend a couple of minutes after I posted the orginal question .. I didn't have the heart to update this thread.   

We plan to attend the game tonight, it will be hard to duplicate the tension.    I have not attended a game this year :-(  ....

BW, that Rookie Pitcher was something else, my first chance to see him in action and the free-swinger, Reddick I think,  he is ultra agressive at the plate too -- never heard of him.

Question for Red Sox fans -- should Francona have walked Longoria ( with first open ) and two outs ????

Note,  ESPN Sports Center had an error in their report this morning.   The Fans did NOT touch the ball on the wild throw made by Bard,  the ball got stuck in the Rays Bullpen area,  underneath an equipment bag.  The formal rule was discussed at length on the local Rays Broadcast ---  repeat -- the fans did nothing wrong.

Good Luck to all !!  Should be an interesting two month run --- my little engine Rays against the Two Big Boys -- Sox and Yankees ---

Mike M
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #4 : August 05, 2009, 01:32:45 PM »

Had Francona walked Longoria, we might still be watching.

Sox could use a win tonight before four in the Bronx.

Bring a sign tonight, Mike:

Hey Fairfax - Sports Center is Next

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: