Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:30:35 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 8/4/09 and Photo Blog- Tires
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 8/4/09 and Photo Blog- Tires  ( 2402 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : August 03, 2009, 10:32:47 PM »

Picture of the Day August 4, 2009

ESS President Chuck Miller posting the schedule of events for Granby Friday night.

TIRES
Posted for Tuesday August 4th...................................

Interesting.
A new use was discovered for baby powder Friday night at Autodrome Granby. I spotted Tommy Wickham pouring baby powder all over his right rear tire. Why?, I asked. Makes the siper slide over the tire better, was the reply.

Stagger plays a part in the handling of the car. The back tires are two different sizes, the right rear being larger than the left rear, so the car can go through the corner. To see how much stagger you have, you measure the circumference of each rear tire. Usually that is done with a thin, flexible tape measure, circling the tire with the tape. Carl uses a new tool that looks like you are measuring the width of the tire. Actually, it is set up so you get a reading of what the circumference is. Carl checks the air pressure and tire size before Anthony goes out onto the track, then immediately checks air pressure and stagger when Anthony comes off to see how the tire changed. Most times the air pressure will go up in the tire, and that might cause the tire to expand.

Lots of times the tires are ground down to get old rubber off and get to some harder, fresher rubber underneath. Jeff Cook was doing this Saturday night at Drummondville.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: