Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:05:09 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Free Speech - Quote of the Day
« previous next »
: [1]
: Free Speech - Quote of the Day  ( 3005 )
rdmapes
: 59

« : July 21, 2009, 05:17:33 AM »

"Protection against government is now not enough to guarantee that a man who
has something to say shall have a chance to say it. The owners and managers of
the press determine which person, which facts, which version of the facts, and
which ideas shall reach the public."
-- Commission On Freedom Of The Press
Source: A Free and Responsible Press, 1947
cedarman
: 370

« #1 : July 24, 2009, 06:12:15 AM »

I would agree this  is mostly true, but for anyone who REALLY wants to get out a message they are passionate about, there are ways.  The just require a LOT more effort.  Unfortunately, most people believe what the popular media feeds them, so if the popular media say Global Warmi . . er  Climate Change is caused by Human activities, and they conveniently fail to report on and present all of the facts, then that is what people believe.  Then, they willingly accept the subsequent results of Higher cost of EVERYTHING as a result of restrictions put in place by the gov - EVEN rediculous auto emmissions policies.

We have a problem here in the US.  "Emissions Control" is focused on the type of emmissions (especially for diesel vehicles), and not the total quantity of emmissions.  We have vehicles here which are far less efficient because they have to sacrifice efficiency to make sure they meet the component emmissions our government has decided is more important.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: