Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 03:35:40 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Legality Of Fireworks & Permit Status In Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: Legality Of Fireworks & Permit Status In Fairfax  ( 2493 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 04, 2009, 07:28:33 AM »

I received several e-mails where people were all excited that fireworks were legal now and expressed the fact that they could shoot them off in their back yard without concern.  I spent some time with Skip Taylor regarding permits for fireworks and also contacted someone in town as I didn't want someone being charged with shooting off fireworks and telling the authorities that they read on Henry's forum that they were legal.  I got a very nice thorough concise explanation from a young man who attempted to get a permit, which read as follows:

"Yes, fireworks are legal now. There is a store in Montpelier and another in St. Johnsbury. Anyone over 18 can purchase fireworks, but you need a permit to set them off. After researching the laws, we contacted the fire warden. I think it was Karen Langelier that told me I had to contact the fire chief. I spoke with Dean Potter and he said that the select board told him not to issue any permits until they could update the ordinances."

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : July 04, 2009, 10:00:44 AM »

By the way, not to put a damper on anyone's 4th:

Penalty for setting off fireworks without a permit is a $100 fine and up to 30 days in jail.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: