Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 01:31:22 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fishing Area Access At Fairfax Falls
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fishing Area Access At Fairfax Falls  ( 2626 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 25, 2009, 02:53:06 PM »

When I am driving down Route 104 just South of Fairfax Falls, I notice across the River there is what looks like a sandy beach and there are usually people fishing there.  When I drive up River Road, I see a Road that might be the way cars get down there as I can see cars down there when people are fishing, but have never dared drive down there as I have no idea what the road is like.  Anybody have any idea what kind of road it is as it looks like it would be a nice place to just drive down and walk around a bit.  I would sure hate to drive down in there, get hung up and find I had no cell phone coverage.

Henry Raymond
Wormerod
: 44

« #1 : June 26, 2009, 06:47:09 AM »

Henry,

The access road down to the falls was upgraded by CVPS a year or so ago, and is in passable shape. I have been down there a few times since spring with my truck, bike, and walking.

There is also a picnic table above the little parking area near the old portion of the Dam than is nice and shaded.

Enjoy,

Bill
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #2 : June 26, 2009, 07:10:23 AM »

Yeah - it's got a good rock base - so it isn't a washed out, dirt type of road.  Be wary of after rainfall though - some rocks closer to the hill side get slippery - not to mention the water level gets pretty high down there after a sizeable storm.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : June 26, 2009, 07:15:28 AM »

My grandsons are coming up with their parents this weekend.  If we get a chance, may try to get down there.  I should probably try to get a look at our most popular attraction, Fairfax Falls.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: