Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:24:25 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Cremees..
« previous next »
: [1]
: Cremees..  ( 3935 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : May 23, 2009, 11:33:10 AM »

Could anyone explain what makes a creemee a creemee and not just regular soft-serve ice cream?  Or are they the same thing and 'cremee' is just a good old Vermont name?
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : May 23, 2009, 12:56:07 PM »

Well, you got me researching and so far, I have found this:
from Wikipedia

Ice cream became popular throughout the world in the second half of the 20th century after cheap refrigeration became common. There was an explosion of ice cream stores and of flavors and types. Vendors often competed on the basis of variety. Howard Johnson's restaurants advertised "a world of 28 flavors." Baskin-Robbins made its 31 flavors ("one for every day of the month") the cornerstone of its marketing strategy. The company now boasts that it has developed over 1000 varieties.

One important development in the 20th century was the introduction of soft ice cream. A chemical research team in Britain (of which a young Margaret Thatcher was a member)[16][17] discovered a method of doubling the amount of air in ice cream, which allowed manufacturers to use less of the actual ingredients, thereby reducing costs. This ice cream was also popular amongst consumers who preferred the lighter texture, and most major ice cream brands now use this manufacturing process.[citation needed] It also made possible the soft ice cream machine in which a cone is filled beneath a spigot on order. In the United States, Dairy Queen, Carvel, and Tastee-Freez pioneered in establishing chains of soft-serve ice cream outlets.

(end)

No mention of the origin of the word Cremee though.
After I get some ice cream I will look more.
Perhaps I will have to go to every cremee stand to learn more.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
jersea
: 8

« #2 : May 25, 2009, 07:08:41 PM »

here's what my husband said:
it's like local and good and cheap.

He means: desert is down the street, it,s cheap, it,s good, and she didn't make it... I like that!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: