Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 09:33:42 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Some Delicious Hoods Cree Mee In Town
« previous next »
: [1]
: Some Delicious Hoods Cree Mee In Town  ( 5240 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 19, 2009, 04:09:33 PM »

Maryann and I had a Doctor's appointment today, so on the way home decided we would stop and get a cree mee at the old Georgia Farmhouse.  Well, it wasn't open so as we drove into town happen to notice a few people gathered on the little step at Nan's eating a cree mee, so made a U-Turn at The Buck Hollow Road.  Maryann got a small chocolate and I got a medium vanilla.

What a pleasant surprise - the most delicious creamy cree mee I have ever eaten.  Saw Peter as I was driving out and he tells me it is an all natural, no artificial cree mee by Hoods - We have been going to The Georgia Farm House for years, but the Hoods Cree Mee at Nan's beats that one by a mile.

Henry Raymond
fletchtb
: 310

« #1 : May 19, 2009, 06:49:45 PM »

Do you know if the Hood creemee they are selling at Nan's is new this year or if they have been selling it for awhile? We too go to the Georgia Farmhouse most of the time, but have been to Nan's on occasion. I never noticed a difference between the two.
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : May 19, 2009, 10:00:24 PM »

I thought Georgia Farmhouse used Hersey's ice cream for their creemees. We always go over to Georgia, because Margie gets Rex a "Doggie Delight" which is a vanilla creemee with a dog biscuit in it. Do they have those at Nan's?

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
David Shea
: 471

« #3 : May 20, 2009, 06:15:07 AM »

Hello all...

The Milton Diner on Route 7 has very good soft serve as well.  Most of the time they have 3 or 4 flavors.  The portion sizes vary by the amount of change that is left in the tip jar and also by who is serving.  The high school kids seem to be more generous.

There are a couple of benches and picnic tables to sit on.  I opt for this when I have my kids with me to minimize the mess in my already messy car.
Kathleen
: 167

« #4 : May 20, 2009, 10:52:04 AM »

This past weekend the Mr. Ding-a-Ling truck went by my house ... I don't know how the cremee taste, I've never attempted to try and stop him.
edakrupp

« #5 : May 21, 2009, 06:32:38 AM »

The Milton Diner gets my vote for the best. I love their interesting flavors, that change throughout the summer.
hcargill
: 15

« #6 : May 21, 2009, 11:38:02 AM »

My vote is for Devon's in Sheldon!  They have THE best cree mee, it is a ways to travel but worth it!  Try it out!
tankkingvt
: 17

« #7 : May 21, 2009, 11:50:47 AM »

Devyn's in sheldon is #1, but overall anywhere in Quebec blows the doors off any creemee mix here, much smoother, maybe the add less air to the mix?
mirjo
: 785

« #8 : May 21, 2009, 04:20:35 PM »

Mike-Just to clear up any confusion: the 'mix' that is used for cree-mees (as we call soft-serve ice cream here in Vt) isn't the same as regular ice cream. It's a thick liquid like a shake that gets poured into the machine and 'frozen.' It doesn't usually freeze as hard as regular ice cream for whatever reason. The last I knew (I'm not a dairy company expert), but Hoods was the only company around here that had the "creemee mix" and supplied everyone including McDonalds (which might be a frozen yogurt??) Oddly enough, there is a special 'shake mix' that is used in the McD's shake machine and not the same soft-serve stuff that's used for sundaes.

The soft-serve mix used to come in these big paper gallon cartons that looked like a huge gallon of milk and came in chocolate and vanilla. There are so many flavors now, I don't know if some of it comes that way or if all flavor s are added on-sight to the vanilla.

I know this little bit of information because my dad used to work for Hoods (Burlington), before it moved to Barre with  Booths and there were times when I was growing up that he brought some home. It's not something that you could freeze yourself and end up with a creemee, I recall it being like very thick milk and very sweet. I probably enjoyed it, as I remember him bringing it home relatively often.

I also worked at a snack bar in Milton as a teenager that was Rosarios Pizza and is now empty. I made many,many creemees/sundaes/shakes and poured many gallons of the softserve mix. I think all sizes were under $1 and turning a decent profit.

Far more than anyone wanted to know about creemees!

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: