Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:03:12 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Hopefully The Day Will Get Better
« previous next »
: [1]
: Hopefully The Day Will Get Better  ( 7688 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 04, 2009, 08:09:05 AM »

Every night before I go to bed, I fix my coffee pot all ready for the next morning, so that when I get up all I have to do is push the power button for it to start.  Back when I was working, I used to have it on a timer as I always got up at the same time with my alarm clock.  This particular coffee pot I have has the clock, so I could set it, but in retirement, I do not get up at a regular hour.

This morning, I had my orange juice as usual and then went to get my coffee after I finished that.  I wasn't paying that much attention to what I was doing until I put the Cremora in and found the my coffee was pure white. 

Yup!!  put the water in and no coffee.  Now for you coffee drinkers, when you are ready for a cup of coffee in the morning, you are ready for a cup of coffee and so am I.  I dumped the hot water out of the coffee maker and added cold water and coffee and started all over.  I am now enjoying my first cup of coffee of the day.

I have to bring Maryann down for a checkup on her Pacemaker - Hopefully that will go better.

Henry Raymond
trussell
: 870

« #1 : May 04, 2009, 09:10:43 AM »

Henry, it sounds like it's time for you to get a Keurig.  Fresh, hot, coffee in just 20 seconds- and you don't need to worry about getting it ready the night before!

-Trevor

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : May 04, 2009, 09:22:37 AM »

C'mon Trevor, Lets see, I have been fixing my coffee pot this way for over 45 years - Can you imagine the Trauma involved in changing this ritual now - I'm still trying to figure out what went wrong in my ritual of fixing the coffee pot last night.

I sit there and smile as I see Maryann go through her daily rituals - I can almost predict her every move - Don't know at what age this all started, but usually works out pretty well -

The older we get the harder we are to change - Boy are my kids in for a battle.

Henry Raymond
trussell

« #3 : May 04, 2009, 12:30:48 PM »

Henry, You sound just like my Dad!  I was able to get him to start using  Keurig though (which he loves)...

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
ASDuling
: 75

« #4 : May 04, 2009, 01:20:07 PM »

Henry, I am with you. I have been prepping my coffee the night before for about 10 years and have often forgotten a crucial step. As I am the only coffee-drinker in my house I considered getting the single-cup maker, but there's something nice about having the coffee waiting for me whenever I get around to drinking it.
tfence
: 257

« #5 : May 04, 2009, 02:10:46 PM »

Hi Henry, I have a BUNN, the same one dunkin donuts uses. It has a back tank full of water that is kept hot. When you add new water that pushes the hot water along and you have a full pot in less than 2 min. Regards, Tom

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
HayesFXFD17
: 125

« #6 : May 04, 2009, 03:51:27 PM »

I have very few necessities in life but...coffee seems to be one of them.  If I have not had a cup of coffee by at least 8:00am...watch out...Funny how some of the seemingly trivial things can get you off on the wrong foot.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #7 : May 05, 2009, 03:26:08 PM »

Thanks a million Henry.

Guess what is not operating properly in our kitchen as of this morning.

Henry
Administrator

« #8 : May 05, 2009, 03:27:18 PM »

Arrive to work a little grumpy this morning, did you Mr. Raburn??

Henry Raymond
mirjo
: 785

« #9 : May 05, 2009, 07:29:31 PM »

Trevor, the perpetual salesman!!!

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
msm
: 211

« #10 : May 06, 2009, 09:44:46 AM »

Coffee Lovers,

Nothing better than my coffee in the AM...  My wife and I can not function without it.. She usually prepares the pot the night before -- We have our second Cuisinart Maker -- with built-in Grinder --- It doesn't get any better than this ---   A Simple pleasure --- especially on the weekends,  I sit outside,  sipping my coffee and reading my newspaper..  ( my delivery guy is very reliable, no issues in Tampa,  although my paper has gotten much smaller as well ) 

Mike M
trussell

« #11 : May 06, 2009, 11:20:08 AM »

As a coffee connoisseur I totally agree that nothing beats a good pot of brewed coffee (even better with freshly ground beans- and even better still if they're freshly roasted!)... But I still stand by my Keurig- with hundreds of varieties available from 14 roasters, it's the easiest, fastest, and best tasting single serve coffee, tea, and hot cocoa available (and soon-to-be-released iced teas!).  Ok, so maybe I'm a little biased...

special ED

« #12 : May 06, 2009, 03:10:46 PM »

ok now if you can just figure how to make good coffee when we are camping without power then I will resect you but I wont give you a kiss  LOL
msm
: 211

« #13 : May 06, 2009, 03:11:52 PM »

TRussell,

I agree, the Keurig is awesome appliance -- My Car Dealer has one, always get a cup when there.  And The Car Dealer uses Green Mountain Coffee too !     The Hotel Chains are slowly migrating to a cheaper version of the Keurig too.   Between my wife and I we drink 10 cups per day,  our existing pot does the trick.. Enjoy the Coffee how ever it is made -- it's the best drink ever !!

Mike M

: [1]  
« previous next »
: