Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 05:32:04 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  40 Year Old Mit Parsons Dies As A Result Of An ATV Accident Today
« previous next »
: [1]
: 40 Year Old Mit Parsons Dies As A Result Of An ATV Accident Today  ( 5653 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 18, 2009, 04:40:58 PM »

Milton "Mit" Parsons
(October 15, 1968 - April 18, 2009)

ESSEX / RICHFORD – Milton A. “Mit” Parsons, age 40, passed away unexpectedly on Saturday, April 18, 2009 as the result of an ATV accident in Bakersfield.
Mit was born October 15, 1968 in Burlington, the son of Chester “Chet” & Kathleen “Kate” (Doane) Parsons.

Mit was a 1986 graduate of Richford High School, received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering in 1990 and his Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering in 1993 from the University of Vermont.

His working career started with the Polaroid Corporation in Norwood, MA and New Bedford, MA from 1993 to 1999. He was then employed by Husky Injection Molding Systems in Milton, VT from 1999 to 2006, and he worked for Wales Engineering from 2006 to 2008. Wales Engineering was owned by Mit’s good friend and college roommate, Tim Wales. He was currently employed as an Application Engineer at Hayward Tyler in Colchester.

Among the many things he loved to do, Mit enjoyed hiking, golfing, skiing, cooking, biking, music, playing his guitar, singing, camping, rock climbing, playing basketball, four wheeling with his friends in Bakersfield and most of all he loved to hang out with his brother and best friend, Matt.

Mit’s family and friends will remember him as a loving son, brother, nephew and cousin. He was one of a kind, with a great sense of humor, a sharp wit and loving heart. You really felt loved when you got one of Mit’s hugs. We know Mit will find the eternal happiness he deserves.

He is survived by his parents, Chet & Kate Parsons of Richford; sister, Janine Parsons and friend Jordan Ship of Milton, MA; brother, Matt Parsons and his wife Michelle of Denver, CO; paternal grandmother, Laura Stanley of Richford; aunts and uncles Sonny and Pat Doane, Susan Mazer, Loretta and Louis Lee, Norma Norris, Martha Wetherbee and fiance Allen Haggerty, Dan and Pam Parsons, Jim and Linda Doane, Nora Parsons and Tim Foley, Jeanette and Curt Willey, Wayne Doane and his fiancée Maggie Searle, Marie and Obbie Huntley, uncles Bill Mazer, Bill Wetherbee, and Reed Goossen, and many cousins and friends. He was predeceased by his paternal grandfather, Milton “Mit” Parsons and maternal grandparents, Leon and Marion Doane.

Funeral services will be held Thursday, April 23, 2009 at 11:00 AM at the Richford United Methodist Church, River St., Richford with Rev. Heidi Reinker officiating. Interment will follow in the Hillside Cemetery in Richford.

Visiting hours will be held Wednesday from 2-4 & 7-9 at the Spears Funeral Home, 96 Dickinson Ave., Enosburg Falls.

For those who wish, contributions in Mit’s memory may be made to the Milton A. “Mit” Parsons Scholarship, C/O Richford High School, C/O Richford School Treasurer, P.O. Box 236, Richford, VT 05476. This scholarship will be used to assist a student entering a college engineering program.
« : April 21, 2009, 01:26:32 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : April 18, 2009, 06:51:30 PM »

Channel 3 had a brief item on the accident at 6, but did not have the victim's name.  My information came from Spears Funeral Home in Enosburg.

I will post more or link to the news item when it is put up on the web.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : April 18, 2009, 08:55:33 PM »

The driver of an all-terrain vehicle died after an accident early Saturday morning on East Bakersfield Road, according to Vermont State Police.

The ATV accident took place in light rain on a wet, gravel road. Speed appeared to be a contributing factor, police said.

The identity of the operator was not released pending notification of the family.

Police said the 2008 Polaris ATV crossed the center of the roadway while negotiating a right-hand corner and traveled off of the left side of the road. The operator was unable to regain control of the ATV and collided with a tree along the shoulder.

The operator was not wearing a helmet at the time of the accident.
« : April 18, 2009, 08:58:42 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : April 21, 2009, 01:27:51 PM »

I have just uploaded Mit Parsons Full Obituary and inputted it in the first post - I did not see a Fairfax Connection, but not all names have hometowns.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: