Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:18:47 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 4/9/09 and Blog- Strange Bird
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 4/9/09 and Blog- Strange Bird  ( 3471 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : April 08, 2009, 10:34:47 PM »

Picture of the Day April 9, 2009

Yup. We got snow.

STRANGE BIRD
Posted for Thursday April 9th.....................
We have a robin that has a mental problem or something.
I believe it's building a nest in the cedar tree out front. But for some strange reason, it sits on a branch and then bangs against the window in the living room.
Then this morning, it was sitting on the power line coming from the pole to the house, and banging into one of the upstairs windows.
Driving Rex nuts. Rex stands in the chair next to the window in the living room and barks at the bird.
Not sure if the bird is protecting it's area from his own reflection in the window, or doing it to piss off the dog.
At one point, a sparrow came over to it on the power line, as if to say, "WHAT THE HELL'S WRONG WITH YOU??"
At some point, I will try to get a shot of the bird. As in photo.
Been going on for a few days now.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Judi
: 508

« #1 : April 09, 2009, 05:38:12 AM »

Your Robin thinks he is seeing "another" bird when he sees his reflection.  Since this is mating season he is trying to get to it. We had a Robin a few years ago who use to sit on a deck post and charge our glass back door. Blood was everywhere.  They can do a lot of damage to themselves so you may want to tape a piece of paper in your window temporarily so he can't see his reflection.
cassyt
: 84

« #2 : April 09, 2009, 03:31:34 PM »

Mike you have my robin we had one last year that was like that was here everyday for a few weeks wonder were it went
: [1]  
« previous next »
: