Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:02:06 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Pictures of the Day 3/26/09 and Blog- NCAA Anniversary
« previous next »
: [1]
: Pictures of the Day 3/26/09 and Blog- NCAA Anniversary  ( 2735 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : March 26, 2009, 08:19:35 AM »

Pictures of the Day March 26, 2009

Mobile home

NCAA ANNIVERSARY
Late posting. Really sorry about this.
I got home from work last night, crashed on the couch, bounced around the dial, and when it was quarter to 1 in the morning, I just went to bed.
Anyway.................

30 years ago today a basketball game was played and the sport hasn't been the same since.
1979. The NCAA Championship between Michigan State and Indiana State. Magic Johnson vs. Larry Bird.
I had been following Indiana State because the Boston Celtics had drafted this unknown kid named Larry Bird as a junior from Indiana State. Bird decided to stay in school. He played his senior year, but the Celtics had to sign him before the next NBA draft, otherwise, he would be put back in the draft. Indiana State went undefeated throughout the year, losing only the championship to Michigan State, and Johnson. Bird signed with Boston, Johnson left school. and joined the NBA draft, and was chosen by the Lakers. The rest is history.
Larry Bird is my favorite basketball player. The term "Larry Legend" says it all.
I never cared for Magic. Never. He was always the enemy.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: