Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:58:03 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Photos Of The Shuttle Launch Last Night From Deanne Morin
« previous next »
: [1]
: Photos Of The Shuttle Launch Last Night From Deanne Morin  ( 2671 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 16, 2009, 07:54:55 AM »

More photos can be found in Deanne's Photo Gallery at:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/photos/deanne_morin

Henry Raymond
Dick Brown
: 414

« #1 : March 16, 2009, 08:54:30 AM »

Henry       The development that I live in is about 100 miles from the site of the Shuttle llaunch. At 7:43 last night, a group of us were standing on the lawn of a neighbor's lot across the street from me and witnessed not only the liftoff, but also the breaking off of the booster rockets and the entry of the shuttle into space.  It was so spectacular that we thought it was taking place only about two miles away.....kind of like the fireworks at Bay Day when one is sitting at Killkare.  Glad I was around to see it. 
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : March 16, 2009, 11:40:38 AM »

I had friends down in Florida for vacation as well and said watching the boosters separate was one of the coolest things his kids had ever seen.  Now they want to go in space when they grow up!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #3 : March 16, 2009, 11:55:51 AM »

It's an awesome thing to see that's for sure.  To fathom that human's have created this piece of hardware that has over 2 million moving parts is almost beyond comprehension.

I've always loved space and felt a particular connection to anything to do with it.  It's these sorts of thigns, the public beign able to see it first hand themselves, that really inspires the imaginations of humans. 

MKR - I hope your friends kids stick with it - 'cause by the time they're old enough to go, we'll have some really cool new vehicles to so with!

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: