Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:51:04 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  AJ's Country Pantry The Latest Restaurant In Fairfax - Welcome
« previous next »
: [1]
: AJ's Country Pantry The Latest Restaurant In Fairfax - Welcome  ( 12465 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 12, 2009, 11:32:23 AM »

Hi All,
I got a call from Chris Santee who was having lunch at AJ's that they were open, so, grabbed my camera, hopped in my car and was off to meet the new owners, their staff and some of the customers:

Standing, Left to Right, Chef, Jason Mashteare, Manager, Debbie Flemming, Co-Owner, Jessica Cross, Co-Owner, Amanda Wolcott and Waitress, Amy Ducharme.  Seated are old time Fairfax residents, Charlotte McNall and Betty Parker.

Amanda Wolcott, Co-Owner takes an order from a couple of members of The Fairfax Rescue Squad, Dan Parent and Adrian Irish

Phyllis Gillbeau and Betty Poulin chat with Manager Debbie Flemming as they enjoy a cup of coffee while waiting for their lunch.

We wish the new owners and their Staff good luck and welcome them as the latest and newest business in Fairfax
« : March 12, 2009, 11:34:07 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : March 12, 2009, 12:33:21 PM »

Congratulations Amanda and Jessica on your new adventure!! 

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #2 : March 12, 2009, 06:09:30 PM »

It was a good place to get a meal before (especially breakfast). And I wish the new owners the best of luck. I will be seeing you soon.                                                                      Congratulations
Cat

« #3 : March 13, 2009, 02:03:34 PM »

Any changes to the menu?
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #4 : March 14, 2009, 01:12:58 AM »

If Chris Santee ate there...... it MUST go on the HISTORICAL REGISTRAR.  moths,,,,, wallet.... etc etc...

( I have NO idea what that means. Ignore me. As most of you do)
Henry
Administrator

« #5 : March 14, 2009, 08:14:55 AM »

Prior to the Country Pantry, different types of menus were available, however, "We are Country Folks with Country Appetites and Country Pocketbooks."

The Country Pantry came out with a menu that allowed us folks who either can't afford or chose not to eat in the so-called expensive restaurants and had folks coming from miles around.  Most people up here in The North Country have heard of The Country Pantry and especially about their great breakfasts which will continue to be served all day every day.

Hopefully no big changes will be made.
« : March 14, 2009, 08:35:59 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #6 : March 16, 2009, 07:19:39 AM »

I know Families that come from Burlington, Milton, Jeffersonville, Fairfield, Winooski.  They may not come every week, but they go ever so often and like the upscale diner atmosphere - not to mention the ride.  That what it is - an higher quality Diner.  and that's ok - it works in these parts.  I love the Farmers Breakfast. ( well, i get it any where i go for breakfast actually) :)
« : March 16, 2009, 07:23:36 AM Henry »

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #7 : March 16, 2009, 11:56:20 AM »

Had take out dinner Saturday night and it was delicious!  Just as ordered!  Looking forward to another night when I don't want to cook.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
JoeT
: 100

« #8 : March 18, 2009, 08:26:24 AM »

Brenda and I stopped in for dinner last night.

The menu has the same items as before.  Now, however, you can now order off the full menu at dinner (except for waffles).  If you want just a sandwich for dinner, no problem.

Everything is great now, quality is great!  Stop in and support them!

Joe
Henry
Administrator

« #9 : March 18, 2009, 08:46:11 AM »

I'm glad you posted that Joe.  Back when Sam was spending the most of his time up at the Morrisville Restaurant, he had one of the waitresses kind of managing it down here.  You could not order sandwiches at night or get take-outs from Friday until Monday.  I went in one Friday afternoon and wanted to get a take out and there were only a couple of people in the restaurant, however, they still would not give me a take out.

I complained to Sam the next time I saw him and he assured me that anytime I wanted to get a takeout I could get it.  Later on they also changed it so you could get breakfasts all day Sunday, then later to breakfasts all day every day.

I think they should do well providing they maintain this attitude of service to the customer.  This is not a hoity toity town, so you might as well go the extra mile and give the customer what they want.

Sunday noon, I ordered 3 takeouts - A Hamburger & fries, French Toast and Pancakes and ham & eggs and it was not a problem.

I know that Deb Flemming, the manager is no new comer as back some time ago, she and Don bought the little restaurant next door to Vermont Food Ventures from her Father-In-Law.

Although I suspect they will have to add another chef, the cook they have does a great job - Keep up the good work Amanda, Jessica, Jason, Deb and the rest of the staff - Great to have the Country Pantry back.
« : March 18, 2009, 11:07:46 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #10 : March 18, 2009, 12:53:20 PM »

Dave Shover was the other Chef on today - Dave also does a great job and Maryann particularly loves his soup

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: