Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:19:01 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Country Pantry Opening Thursday At 6:30 AM Under New Ownership
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Country Pantry Opening Thursday At 6:30 AM Under New Ownership  ( 18275 )
cassyt
: 84

« #15 : March 12, 2009, 11:20:11 AM »

Hi I was told that all the paper work did not get there on time to open early but they did open at 11:00 am
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #16 : March 12, 2009, 11:26:46 AM »

It's Open !!!!

A.J.'s Country Pantry is OPEN and Henry was there getting photos.

Deluxe Grilled Cheese was great for lunch.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #17 : March 12, 2009, 11:52:57 AM »

and 18 people, again have employment.

To Loctavious' post, any interested buyers for any business, house, car, etc.
should make an offer to the owner.

They can only say "no".

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
CindyG
: 19

« #18 : March 12, 2009, 12:43:34 PM »

There is no requirement for open bidding on a private business. Many were interested, few knew it was an option until it was done.

As for why, it's no secret. If you think about who owned it and what their situation is.

I can tell you that Debbie Fleming has extensive food industry knowledge and having her involved gives me great hope for the new management.
I'm hoping for a new and improved Country Pantry.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #19 : March 12, 2009, 12:43:56 PM »

I agree logical.  Excellent news and looking forward to the new owners providing a local restaurant again!  Good Luck Amanda and Jessica and staff!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
mxdave
: 74

« #20 : March 12, 2009, 01:38:48 PM »

OK, I hear the names Amanda, Jessica, and Debbie Flemming. Does anyone know who the new owners are?
Mummy
: 280

« #21 : March 12, 2009, 01:56:23 PM »

I agree, some folks know who the owners are and MOST didn't even know it was up for sale much less CLOSED!
Will SOMEONE speak in full sentences?
logical
: 141

« #22 : March 12, 2009, 02:04:42 PM »

Info you are looking for is in other post.  New owners are Jessica Cross & Amanda Wolcott.  Manager is Debbie Flemming. 

Closed last week.  Re-opened under new ownership today.  Anyone who watches the news & knows previous owner will understand why it was probably sold.
dearon
: 233

« #23 : March 12, 2009, 04:23:46 PM »

It's obvious - it's just not dearon's type of food - as you really can't cook Diner food any better - there's suppose to be grease and fat in diner food.

The point is that ALL 5 families heard that it was closed and entertained thoughts of ".... if we owned it........."  There as NO public notice of it being for sale - until the news hit this site with the poster stating it was under new ownership.  Thus none of theose 5 families consudered it seriously as there was no indication that it was for sale.  Hence forth, the question of being finanically able to purchase it was never fully researched.

I'm thinking the new owner is probably kin of the previous owner or perhaps long-time workers there.

Your statements are always based on the figment of your imagination.    I can cook better than that; therefore why would I go out and eat at an establishment like that.  I have on occasion, maybe once per year when I didn't feel like cooking.  I still don't care for it.  I like Sam but don't feel the cook did him any justice.  Steak dinner was so bad it tasted like liver.  I wasn't the only one to complain about this.
At time the food was cold, as is they were serving you a frozen diner?  Not a place I would recommend.

« : March 12, 2009, 05:59:12 PM dearon »
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #24 : March 13, 2009, 07:13:11 AM »

And you're entitiled to your opinion that's for sure.  However, so too are others and to this point in the thread, you're the only  one voicing that one.  That's ok really.  We could get into how many times you went, had the same meal, and had the same results, as that's a more scienetific and Fair approach but we won't.  We could also get into why one would go to a place not known for it's steak and expect to get something comparable to a steakhouse, but we won't. 
As for being able to cook better....... there's cooking in grease and oil, which some folks STILL do, and then there's cooking with a more heart/body healthy mindset.  AGAIN, it's a matter of preference - If i want more heart healthy options i go to 158 Main ion Jeffersonville which has a few more.

I can enjoy both, and AM glad the only Diner/restaurant in town is back up and running.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
treebeard34
: 103

« #25 : March 13, 2009, 01:43:10 PM »

seriously I get enough negativity in everyday life, i come to Henry's site for a break and to hear good stories, from home, good luck to all of the new ownership, and for the 99.9% of the people who seem to like the place enjoy. .001%  guy just don't go!!
« : March 13, 2009, 01:47:46 PM treebeard34 »

Mark Teague
Cat

« #26 : March 13, 2009, 01:48:29 PM »

I agree with dearon that the food there was nothing special & sometimes not very tasty. I would travel to williston to eat out instead.

I hope the new owners add some great new menu items.
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: