Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:15:11 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 3/9/09 and Blog- Catching Up
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 3/9/09 and Blog- Catching Up  ( 2992 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : March 08, 2009, 10:39:43 PM »

Picture of the Day March 9, 2009

First robins of 2009

CATCHING UP
Posted for Monday March 9th...........................
Sigh.
It feels good to be back.
I really felt like I was losing my voice. Using the Wii was OK, but the point and click was a little tedious.
My typing has really improved over the years, and I can pace my thoughts to keep up with my fingers.

One of the things I wanted to do was put a couple of essays on my MyWeatherLive page. The day before the computer died, I went up to the museum and found a couple of old Fairfax News-es that had stories I wrote on the Blizzard of March of 1993, and the Frozen Winter of '94. I did post a short blog of the Rollercoaser Winter of 08/09, and it has been read by over 400 people. Wow.

http://www.myweatherlive.com/MikeCainF9

So...............what's gone on in the past couple of weeks. Town Meeting. All budgets passed. Any word on fireworks this year? Nothing was mentioned at the Saturday show. Not that it will affect me. We will be racing over in New York that weekend. Margie usually plans a big event for that night.

Before I forget-The Computer. It might have been a combination of things. Yes the motherboard went, but after it was replaced, the Guru turned the machine on, and the light started blinking again. Fearful of frying the motherboard again, it was shut off and power supply was checked. Power supply was fluctuating, so that was replaced. It may have been a case of the power supply was going, and as I was trying to figure out what was wrong, the motherboard went up.

Margie informed me about something very interesting. Remember when I was talking about Vonage, and what would happen if the computer went down? She knows of someone who has/had Vonage. When the shift occurred to Fairpoint, she lost service. Apparently, Fairpoint has a system that won't allow Vonage to work. The person ended up having to get a second phone line and having to get a new phone number. She never got a warning from Fairpoint or Vonage. And both knew Vonage users would lose service.

And didn't I read something about Fairpoint stock being almost worthless, and they may be fighting to stay out of bankruptcy?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........................I'm back.
And I am doing some research about a new website. One hosting site looks promising.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: