Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:36:53 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  2/28/09 Town Meeting
« previous next »
: [1]
: 2/28/09 Town Meeting  ( 4414 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : February 27, 2009, 11:05:15 PM »

TOWN MEETING

Posted for Saturday February 28th...............
Town Meeting is Saturday.
As far as I'm concerned, it's almost a boring day. Back in the day, budgets were decided THAT day. And don't forget the days of revenue sharing, and the battles on what to spend it on. Place used to get rather warm with all the hot air being expelled.
Now Saturday is just an infomational meeting and very little gets decided. We don't even get to vote on fireworks this year.
We do get to vote on a new tanker, though. So I guess I will be there. I'm kinda biased on that issue.
Plus the Ladies of the United Church is serving lunch and will have homemade donuts. That makes it worth going over.

Mike (on the Wii)

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
trussell
: 870

« #1 : March 02, 2009, 02:02:15 PM »

Mike,

Can you- or someone else- explain to me what revenue sharing was?  I'm assuming that it had something to do with the state taking in more money than it needed to operate?  Were there some type of investments that the state had a part of (I know some states used to have payouts from the oil industry) that generated surplus income?

Thanks,
Trevor

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
special ED

« #2 : March 02, 2009, 03:46:03 PM »

trevor....its the classic robinhood take from the rich and give it to the poor
MikeF9
: 1994

« #3 : March 02, 2009, 10:50:23 PM »

I don't remember where the money came from. I may check back in a few town reports. I think the amonts used to be around a hundred thousand dollars. Most of it would go to paving roads.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: