Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:40:56 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  News From Fairpoint - This Ought To Be Fun
« previous next »
: [1]
: News From Fairpoint - This Ought To Be Fun  ( 32790 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 27, 2009, 10:07:52 AM »

Changes to your email account

FairPoint Customer,

We're writing to let you know that on January 31, 2009, all of our systems are officially transitioning to FairPoint-owned equipment. We want to thank you for your ongoing business, and we're calling out the important points below to help ensure your FairPoint Internet services continue to serve your needs uninterrupted.

Please note:

Your email address is changing to @myfairpoint.net (username@verizon.net will become username@myfairpoint.net). Your password will not change.

Please be sure to inform your family, friends and business contacts that your email address will change.

The stored messages from your email account will automatically be transferred. All messages sent to your @verizon.net address between January 31 and April 30 will automatically be forwarded to your @myfairpoint.net address.

After April 30, 2009, emails to your @verizon.net address will no longer be delivered.

All account settings, including address books and spam filter settings, will also be migrated to your new FairPoint WebMail account.

WEBMAIL USERS

If you currently use Verizon's WebMail feature, just follow these steps on or after January 31, 2009, to use FairPoint WebMail and access your email from any computer:

Visit www.MyFairPoint.net
Click "WebMail"
Log in with your new email address (ex: username@myfairpoint.net) and your existing password

EMAIL CLIENT USERS

If you currently check your email through a software application such as Microsoft® Outlook®,
you'll need to change your settings on or after January 31, 2009.

To automate the process:

Visit www.activate.MyFairPoint.net/emailupdate

Download and run the ActiveX control when prompted (this will automatically detect your existing email accounts and make the necessary changes for you)

Note: Mail already in your inbox will not be affected

To edit your settings manually:

Change your username to your new full email address (ex: username@myfairpoint.net)

Change your incoming server address to mail.myfairpoint.net

Change your outgoing server address to mail.myfairpoint.net

We appreciate your patience during this time. Please feel free to contact FairPoint Internet Technical Support at 1.800.240.5019 with any questions.

Jim Weigert
VP, Marketing & Product Development
FairPoint Communications

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : January 27, 2009, 12:28:27 PM »

Sigh.
OK.
So, what happens to your Facebook account, or similar sites that you belong to, and you log in by using your e-mail address?
My website is through Verizon, my URL has Verizon in it.
Hmmmmm...............

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
cassyt
: 84

« #2 : January 27, 2009, 04:04:09 PM »

I had started to change mine last week to msn I sent some of my notes over there and don't know what happen but this week end lost everything that I sent and they sent back some of my email so now just going to wait and will go back we see or call comcast
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : January 27, 2009, 06:58:30 PM »

Great question Mike!  Also what about everyone that has resumes out for jobs with their email address; this is the latest normal form of communication for responses.  They should provide the alias email address (username@verizon.net) to forward for atleast a 12 month period.  Being an former IT person I know how easy it is to do just that. 

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
mkr
Administrator

« #4 : January 27, 2009, 07:13:46 PM »

Ok, so I just called the 800 number they give you and asked if there was any way it could be extended for time.  I explained people are applying for jobs online using their email address, facebook, myspace, some logins for 401K companies use you email address as a login.

They had me give my information and sent it off.  He suggested to get an extension of time, the best way is to have everyone who has an issue call in and do the same as me.  If they receive enough complaints; they could possibly extend it. I said atleast 8 months so people can actually have a chance to get the word out and not miss out on possible jobs they have applied to.

It only took a couple minutes.

SO SPREAD THE WORD . . . . . .    1-800-240-5019

Chris Santee
: 2653

« #5 : January 27, 2009, 08:15:56 PM »

Thanks for the 800 number

I still e-mail some folks @together.net

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
mkr
Administrator

« #6 : January 27, 2009, 08:59:52 PM »

Exactly Chris.  I too was a together.net customer before and there was no reason to remove it according to them to make sure their customers did not miss any email; customers first.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: