Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:19:56 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Maryann Found A New Past Time
« previous next »
: [1]
: Maryann Found A New Past Time  ( 4030 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 08, 2009, 09:32:30 AM »

One of our nieces who lives down in Florida had a stroke earlier this week and my youngest daughter actually found out about it on Face Book.  Apparently a lot of people are on Face Book, so Mary Kay convinced Maryann she ought to go up and get on the web site.  She had a little difficulty getting stuff up there, but finally managed to do so.  The next time she went on the site, the computer came back and informed her:

"Hi Maryann, You Have No Friends"

When she told me that, I immediately thought, boy this is going to send her right to a psychiatrist.  I am not on Face Book, but have received a note from someone I know that invited me to join something as his friend.  The note said, "If you do not join, XXX will think you are not his friend."  Of course this sent some guilt feelings through me, but did not want to join something I know nothing about.  I kept getting the note every other day or so for about a week, each time deleting it with pangs of guilt.  Anyhow, it finally stopped.  Don't really know if the person thinks I don't want to be his friend or not.

By the way, back to Maryann, she signed back on a little later and excitedly told me, "I have four friends."

Thank God!!

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : January 08, 2009, 10:35:29 AM »

Five !

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Suzy
: 429

« #2 : January 08, 2009, 11:44:22 AM »

It's pretty addicting!  It's been so fun reconnecting with friends from years ago!  People who moved all over the country, but who all started out in the same little town of Fairfax!  There's a BFA alumni group on Facebook, and other fun groups to join!  I think she's going to like it!
MikeF9
: 1994

« #3 : January 08, 2009, 12:06:14 PM »

Margie does a lot on Facebook. She's decorating her page with buttons and stuff.
I get on, see what people are doing, and feed the virtual puppy I have.
I can envision Maryann having a great time.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Suzy
: 429

« #4 : January 08, 2009, 02:53:20 PM »

8 friends!
I think my virtual puppy died of neglect...it somehow didn't interest me like a real puppy. 
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #5 : January 08, 2009, 03:05:23 PM »

She is going to love it.  The biggest reason is connecting with family and friends who you might not see and let them know what you are up to when they have time to check out your page.  I have reconnected with so many.  Including Suzy and sent a friend request to Margie the other day!  I have caught up with college firends I have not seen or talked to since graduation.  Friends and family across the country and recently fnding out important info about family far away.  Yup, I am a Facebook fan!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: