Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:07:17 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Some Strong Rumors That IBM May Have Another Lay Off
« previous next »
: [1]
: Some Strong Rumors That IBM May Have Another Lay Off  ( 2724 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 05, 2009, 10:26:57 AM »

The next batch of layoffs at IBM could come as early as Tuesday. That information comes from a current worker and former manager at the Essex Junction, Vermont plant.

He tells Fox 44 Local News that hundreds of jobs may be at risk.

Back in the old days, IBM did not sell their chips, we made them for our own use only.  This makes the Burlington Plant very vulnerable to the outside world and how busy they are.

Hopefully this won't happen, but local employees tell me they have been very slow on work, so it could be possible.

Henry Raymond
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #1 : January 05, 2009, 05:13:02 PM »

Wafer starts are at less than 300 according to my reliable source (my father).  He is set to retire in September so, with the severance package and unemployment possibilities, he would gladly go now.  They are also using line operators to do some security work as so they don't have to get rid of the them.  I have a few friends that are operators, so I am keeping my hopes that they still have jobs tomorrow.

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
logical
: 141

« #2 : January 06, 2009, 12:17:17 PM »

Guess it's not today.  Another rumor is that it will be on the 22nd of January.  From WCAX.com:

It appears to be business as usual today at IBM.

Employees coming off their shifts this morning said there had been no announced layoffs-- deflecting widespread rumors that job cuts were coming.

Yesterday some contract workers were cut. IBM spokesman Jeff Couture said several contracts have been eliminated or reduced as a cost-saving measure. Those contracted employees handle such things as security, cleaning, delivery and administrative services.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: