Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:15:10 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  2% milk $3.39
« previous next »
: [1]
: 2% milk $3.39  ( 7415 )
Mummy
: 280

« : January 01, 2009, 08:33:14 AM »

Nann's has a sale on 2% milk $3.39 per gallon!
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : February 02, 2009, 01:01:20 PM »

Georgia Market sells it at $2.89 everyday.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : February 02, 2009, 01:06:47 PM »

When I was in at the Georgia Market the other day, I asked the lady about "Fat Free" which is what we drink.  She told me they could only get the deal on 2%.  She suggested I add a little water - I will mention that to Dr. Ramsay when I see him in about 3 weeks to see if he will buy that - Suspect he won't.

Henry Raymond
Mummy

« #3 : February 02, 2009, 09:59:52 PM »

I dilute my half-and-half with milk because I have seen the Maplefields in Milton do it!  Couldn't figure out why my coffee did not taste the same at home as when I purchased it.  Now I just dilute my half-n-half with 1% or 2% milk which ever I have in the house. 

I bet Dr. Ramsay will say that is okay to do!
fletchtb
: 310

« #4 : February 02, 2009, 10:10:55 PM »

Henry,

I would think if you took half a glass of 2% milk and filled the other half with water, you would still have 1% milkfat, which is not the same as non-fat milk. Now maybe your doctor will say it doesn't really matter whether you drink 2%, 1%, or non-fat, in which case the cheapest milk might be the best option. If you are worried about the fat content though, I don't think adding water will do the trick.
mirjo
: 785

« #5 : February 10, 2009, 01:35:09 AM »

***I dilute my half-and-half with milk because I have seen the Maplefields in Milton do it!  ***

This just seems wrong to me! If I am buying a coffee and purposely going for the half-n-half, which I happen to use, then it seems that is what I should be getting, not half-n-half-n-half again! What's with that? I wonder how many stores are that deceptive?

Honestly, if it is too costly to put out then don't put it out, but don't deceive people! Good Grief Charlie Brown!!!

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Mummy

« #6 : February 10, 2009, 01:45:26 AM »

Just telling you what I saw with my own eyes!  Although I had the opposite response from you ... I thought it was a great way to reduce the fat and calories!  You know one person will see the glass half empty and the other person will see it half full!  It's just a matter of opinion and at the same time you are right - many folks will buy their coffee out because they may not want to purchase half-n-half!  As a consumer, you just need to know this does occur!  If you buy coffee from DunkinDonuts you need to find out if THAT store uses "light" cream or just half-n-half because each DunkinDonut store will vary! 

I make my own coffee at home and I know what it in it - NOW!
greenek
: 54

« #7 : February 10, 2009, 07:04:49 AM »

We buy fat free half & half from Shaw's for our coffee at home and 1% milk for our cereal. I think Land o Lakes makes the fat free half & half, but there maybe other brands.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: