Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:55:47 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  P & C Isn't Price Chopper
« previous next »
: [1]
: P & C Isn't Price Chopper  ( 1680 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 10, 2009, 09:15:01 AM »

Don't know about you, but always had a problem with the two stores.  I used to run up to the Colchester P & C when Maryann was at the Doctors down at Mallets Bay and was forever taking out my Advantage Card and giving it to them as well as writing my check out to Price Chopper.  Apparently I am not the only one that gets confused by the two stores, but looks like that won't be a problem as they are closing the one in Colchester.

The Colchester P&C Supermarket at the corner of Porters Point and Prim roads is among nine stores that will close in the Northeast, the parent company, Penn Traffic Co. announced Friday.

Tony Pomerleau, who owns the building P&C occupies, said two other supermarket chains are interested in opening an outlet when P&C leaves.

“The two companies, financially, they’re very good,” Pomerleau said. “The employees there will have a job.”

Pomerleau declined to name the supermarket chains until after he has signed a deal with one of them. He said he expects to reach an agreement with one of the chains in as little as two weeks.

The P&C in Colchester covers 21,000 square feet. Pomerleau said the replacement supermarket might expand into unoccupied space on the property to become a 38,000 to 40,000 square foot store.

Penn Traffic officials said the stores would close by Feb. 7. In addition to the Colchester store, six P&C supermarkets and a Quality Market would close in New York State.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: