Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:30:35 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Vermont State Police Investigate 5 Acts Of Vandalism In Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: Vermont State Police Investigate 5 Acts Of Vandalism In Fairfax  ( 3292 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 23, 2008, 09:49:03 AM »

The latest Vermont State Police Report, reported that they investigated 5 acts of vandalism in Fairfax.  I heard of one through the forum where a fireman had his tires slashed, however on of the posters said that there were several others around town, apparently 4 others.  Don't know if these people are looking for attention or not, but with so many acts of vandalism, it would not appear, at least to me, that it was directed at any one individual.

If you haven't read the weekly report for last week, you will find it by clicking on the following link:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/forum/index.php?topic=4574.0

Henry Raymond
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #1 : December 23, 2008, 11:19:14 PM »

Yeah Henry,

It's pretty sad that people show such little respect for other people and their property.  I have known Steve Bessette my whole life and I hope that the act of vandalism was random and not specifically intended towards Steve.  I Have been asking around hoping to find out or get an idea of who might be responsible.  It Makes me really angry when people do cowardly and disrespectful things like this.  Even more so when it is to a person that volunteers so much of his own time and effort to the safety and wellbeing of the fairfax comunity.  I hope that the individual or individuals responsible for this are caught and an example is made out of them.
« : December 23, 2008, 11:23:56 PM FXDHS »

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #2 : December 24, 2008, 10:16:51 AM »

This is something that's not new.  Shady elements have been vanadalizing this area consistently for years now.  I agree it's unfortunate when it happens, but should more attention be paid when it's a citizen's private property that if it's something of a public nature?  I believe not.
If we ALL serious about this issue, than whenever, wherever and to who ever it happens - WE ALL should be concerned and ready to do what we can. 
Two years ago, the Fairfax Fletcher Soccer Club experienced it's worse year in recent history of vandalism.  OVER $2000 worth of turf and equipment damage was done.  Despite pleas to the public, it was FFSC's own coaches that staked out the fields night after night.  It wasn't Until the Fletcher School board in conjunction with The Superintendent authorized upgrades to surveillance systems and perimeter security that we saw the situation improve.
It would be ideal for everyone, if a sense of community found it's way into these situations.  More than well-wishes or sentiments of empathy.  I know earlier this year when the Rec Park Benches and tables were beign thrown in the River, there were a few diehard and caring community members that stepped up and vowed to be vigilant with their observations.  Small things like that send powerful messages to the perpetrators.  If only we could extend that to all facets of our community life.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #3 : December 24, 2008, 10:21:13 PM »

I couldn't agree more, if we as a comunity are more vigilant it will make it more difficult for these crimes to take place.  I try to do all I can as far as keeping an eye on the town.  I spend many of my nights off from work driving around town checking on the businesses rec park and school.  I wish as a constable I could do more but the Liability's in law enforcement are so high now a days.   

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
: [1]  
« previous next »
: