Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 11:45:14 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Maybe I Could Hang Around The Price Chopper Check Out
« previous next »
: [1]
: Maybe I Could Hang Around The Price Chopper Check Out  ( 1773 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 23, 2008, 09:24:49 AM »

Went looking for a frozen butterball turkey yesterday.  Hannaford's only had some teeny tiny ones, although they did have plenty of fresh ones.  Got a fresh one for Thanksgiving, but was not happy with it, so although Price Chopper is not my favorite store, scooted down there, and sure enough they had some, for a mere 20 cents more a pound.  When I got ready to check out, there were a couple of people ahead of me.  The cashier asked the first one if they had an advantage card and they replied no.  She then asked if anyone else had one they could use, so I volunteered mine.  She swiped my card and gave it back to me.  The same thing happened with the next person, so I lent the cashier my card again.  It was then my turn to check out.  When the cashier gave me my card and receipt back, instead of the $21 for the turkey, I had $41.20 applied towards the $50 I needed for 10 cents off on a gallon of gas.  If those two people ahead of me had had $100 orders, I could have ended up with 40 cents off on a gallon of gas.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: