Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:06:47 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Too Much Information - Too Many Options For Seniors
« previous next »
: [1]
: Too Much Information - Too Many Options For Seniors  ( 2813 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 21, 2008, 09:29:46 AM »

I suspect that companies and Medicare think they are doing a good thing.

I worked for a company that gave me Medical Benefits for a price and in earlier years, I had no options.  When I had no options, my mind was clearer and I could have made those options.  Now each year during the month of December I have to make the decision as to which option I want for my prescriptions, this year an additional option up and beyond the option of which plan I want, Aetna has stepped into the picture with scads of information on their options, and if that is not bad enough, Medicare sends its package with its options.  I have to scrutinize all of that and then come up with a decision.

I wonder if these do-gooders realize that this 75 year old mind, just can't comprehend all of this information.  I communicate with a number of retirees and all of the feedback I get is negative in regards to making these yearly decisions.  Almost makes you hate to see October, November and December roll around as once again it is decision time.

Although I didn't take an actual poll, I would say 95% of the feedback I get is that we are going with what we had last year.  I get numerous emails asking me for my advice.  I reply, I am sticking with what I had last year, I just don't understand all this other stuff.  Hopefully what I am doing is right.  I certainly hope this new administration comes up with something that will stop this decision requirement for us Senior Citizens - Whether you think so or not, many of us are not up to making these decisions, and I am one of them.

Was watching Channel 44 last night and it shows where a group of students are helping Seniors make a decision on what RX Coverage to sign up for.  Does this sound right to you?? What if these kids make a mistake??  You can check out what the students are helping seniors with, which is good, but there has to be a better solution:

Henry Raymond
cdzgang
: 12

« #1 : November 21, 2008, 09:53:22 AM »

There definitely is a lot of info to go through regarding Part D medicare coverage.  I help my mother take care of her affairs, and have had to deal with the large volume of insurance literature.  I used the following web site that really made it easier to understand:  http://www.medicare.gov/Default.asp    It allows you to compare all the various plans out there.  The one that seemed to work best allows you to list all of your current prescriptions.  It than lists each company, cost for the plan and how much they cover for each script.  It also lists a customer satisfaction rating.  It allowed me to make a better decision for her insurance coverage.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: