Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:20:25 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Bad Weather Tonight, Tomorrow & Tomorrow Night
« previous next »
: [1]
: Bad Weather Tonight, Tomorrow & Tomorrow Night  ( 1639 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 24, 2008, 08:00:17 AM »

Well, looks like we will get some bad weather shortly.  Better go get what I need for Thanksgiving today or wait until Wednesday, which doesn't really sound like it would be a good day for Thanksgiving shopping.  Have checked out several local weather reports and they all indicate about the same.

Lo 31 F   After several days of very cold temperatures, we will finally warm up today, getting into the 30s for highs.  The weather will be quiet today, but a potent storm system will move in tonight with messy, windy weather for Tuesday.

There is a *HIGH WIND WATCH* for Tuesday for all of northern VT, away from Lake Champlain, and also for Rutland County.  Wind gusts could top 55 mph, especially along the western facing slopes of the Green Mountains.

Snow will develop tonight, and it will mix with sleet and freezing rain towards Tuesday morning.  The morning commute will be slick and treacherous with that wintry mix.  By Tuesday afternoon, the mix will change over to rain showers for the most part, except in the higher elevations, where the mix will continue.

Winds will be strong out of the SE on Tuesday.  Then the worst of this storm will begin to taper off late Tuesday.

The weather will still be unsettled for Wednesday and Thanksgiving day, with scattered snow and rain showers, but it won't be nearly as bad as Tuesday's weather.

Take it easy when travelling this holiday week!

« : November 24, 2008, 08:14:26 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: