Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:43:22 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Then/Now Grotto Photos - Mrs. Louie Brodeur Passes Away
« previous next »
: [1]
: Then/Now Grotto Photos - Mrs. Louie Brodeur Passes Away  ( 2299 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 17, 2005, 07:22:26 AM »

Hi All,

Perhaps many of you will not remember the Brodeur’s who lived here.  Their daughter Helene graduated from BFA in 1954 and son Albert was in my wife’s class in 1958.  I believe they lived on a farm now owned by Dave & Carol Vallett.  The Brodeur’s were loyal dedicated parishioners of St. Luke’s here in Fairfax.  The Grotto that now stands on the lawn of our present St. Luke’s Church was constructed by Louie Brodeur.  It originally stood at the right of the Old St. Luke’s Church where The Steeple Market is now.  The following link will show you a photo of my mother and youngest daughter in front of it in its original location:

If you click on the following link, you will see a photo of it in its present location with Tom & Daisy Collins standing near it:

All that said, below is the obituary of Mrs. Brodeur:

GERTRUDE LAMOTHE BRODEUR GREGOIRE BARRE — Gertrude Lamothe Brodeur Gregoire, formerly of Winooski, died Thursday, June 16, 2005, in the Woodridge Nursing Home in Barre. She was born Nov. 14, 1910, in Pike River, Quebec, Canada, the daughter of Wilfred and Clara Rock Lamothe and later moving to Georgia, Vt., in 1911. Gertrude was married to Louis Brodeur in October 1934. In 1937, they moved to Fairfax, and to Winooski in 1965. Her husband, Louis, predeceased her in 1972. She married Simeon Gregoire in 1973, who predeceased her in 1974. In 1998, she moved to Barre to live with her daughter Helene and her husband, Perley Thomas. In 2000, she moved to Woodridge Nursing Home. Gertrude is survived by her daughter, Helene Thomas and her husband, Perley, of Barre; her son, Albert Brodeur and his wife, Barbara, of Pennsylvania; her granddaughters, Ruth Thomas-Squire and her husband, John, of Starksboro, and Lynn Short and her husband, Randall, and great-granddaughter, Lilith of Maryland; her grandsons, Michael Brodeur and his wife, Ellen, of Pennsylvania, and twin greatgrandsons, Daniel and Nathaniel; a great-grand- daughter, Kathryn, Mark Andrew Brodeur of Pennsylvania; step-daughter, Mary Ann Gregoire of Sumter, S.C.; her sister, Rita Perron of St. Albans; four brothers, Clement Lamothe of Watertown, Conn., Fred Lamothe and his wife, Marie, of Swanton, Paul Lamothe and his wife, Rita, of St. Albans, and Henry Lamothe and his wife, Rose, of St. Albans; sisters-in-law, Kay Lamothe of Michigan, and Cecile Gregoire Nichols of Fairfax; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her brothers, Leo, Robert, Andrew and Jean. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday, June 18, 2005, at 1 p.m. in St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church in Winooski. Interment will follow in St. Francis Xavier Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Alzheimer's Association, Green Mountain Chapter, P.O. Box 1139, Montpelier, Vt. 05601; or to the Woodridge Activity Fund, P.O. Box 550, Barre, Vt. 05641. Visiting hours will be Friday, June 17, from 7 to 9 p.m. in the LaVigne Funeral Home, 132 Main St., Winooski.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: