Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:41:53 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Reminder - Meeting On Wednesday June 15th
« previous next »
: [1]
: Reminder - Meeting On Wednesday June 15th  ( 2528 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 14, 2005, 02:59:35 PM »

PUBLIC NOTICE
FAIRFAX DEVELOPMENT REVIEW BOARD

The Fairfax Development Review Board will hold their regularly scheduled meeting Wednesday, June 15, 2005 at 7:00 PM at the Town Office Building to act on the following:

Land Across From Minors
7:15 PM- Request of Rene Boissoneault and Lost Tree, Inc. for a Preliminary Plat Review of a Planned Residential Development (PRO) consisting of forty-four units in six multi-unit buildings on 18.2 acres located on Main Street in the Mixed Use District. The parcel is owned by the applicant. Refer to Article 3.0, Section 3.4.B; Article 5.0, Sections 5.1,5.2,5.3,5.4,5.5,5.7 and 5.8; Article VI, Section 601; Article VII; and Appendix A of the Town of Fairfax Zoning Bylaws and Subdivision Regulations, as approved September 12, 2000, and amended May 23, 2002; and the Town of Fairfax Vermont Interim Subdivision Regulations Concerning the Construction of New Roads, adopted September 22, 2004.

Land Across From Nans
8:00 PM- Request of Paige Estates, LLC for a Sketch Plan Review of a Planned Residential Development (PRO) consisting of 19 units in eight multi-unit buildings on 26.75 acres located on Main Street in the Growth Center and Ag./Forest Resource Districts and owned by the applicant. Refer to Article 3.0, Sections 3.4.A and 3.4.D; Article 4.0, Section 4.7; Article 5.0, Sections 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.7, and 5.8; Article II, Sections 201, 203, and 204; Article VII; and Appendix A of the Town of Fairfax Zoning Bylaws and Subdivision Regulations, as approved September 12, 2000, and amended May 23, 2002; and the Town of Fairfax Vermont Interim Subdivision Regulations Concerning the Construction of New Roads, adopted September 22, 2004.

Henry Raymond
JLB
: 56

« #1 : June 15, 2005, 09:28:40 PM »

I just returned from these 2 hearings.   In my opinion they went well.   The developers were present with their engineers.   Both projects seem receptive to the concerns of the public.   This is my opinion only.   I offer my notes below.   Any questions or concerned should be verified against the minutes from the meeting.

The main concerns revolved around safety, solid waste management, setbacks, and landscaping.    Sidewalks were strongly encouraged.    Both of these projects will go through the ACT 250 process.      The roads will be 24' wide with a 2' shoulder.

The Paige Estates is a total of 9 building built on 5 acres.   There will be 3 triplexes around the cul de sac and 5 duplexes at the entrance.  The builder is tenatively planning on the duplexes as single story homes.   The triplexes will most likely be two story.   All  19 units are planned to be 3 bedroom units.    That equates to 57 bedrooms on 5 acres.    The remaining 21 acres behind the triplexes will be left open.     This is dense very tight development.    These units will belong to a homeowners association.  

There will be a site walk on July 19th 7:00 pm that the public is invited to attend.   The public is not allowed to ask questions at the site walk.

The Lost Tree Develoment is 44 two bedroom condominiums on 18 acres.  A total of 88 bedrooms built on 1/2 acre lots.     I did not see the engineered drawn plan but was told it is on file for the public to see.     Sidewalks were recommended.  A need for a pond to manage storm water was mentioned.  Trash receptacles will be screened off from view from Main St.    Landscaping and screening seemed to be defined on the plan.    The impact on schools is deemed small because the units are 2 bedrooms only.  This was the opinion of the engineer.  

There is a site walk Friday at 6:00pm.    Public can attend but no questions or discussion allowed.

JLB
: [1]  
« previous next »
: