Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:38:50 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Buck Hollow Rd Resident Mrs. Frances D. Bushey Passes Away
« previous next »
: [1]
: Buck Hollow Rd Resident Mrs. Frances D. Bushey Passes Away  ( 2012 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 11, 2005, 06:51:36 PM »

FRANCES (DOUGHERTY) BUSHEY
FAIRFAX - Mrs. Frances D. Bushey, age 87, died Thursday afternoon, June 9, 2005, at her home on the Buck Hollow Road, with her loving family at her bedside, following an extended illness.

She was born in St. Albans, March 5, 1918, daughter of the late William and Helga (Rasmussin) Dougherty. She graduated from St. Mary’s High School in St. Albans. Fran married E. Alton Bushey. Mr. Bushey died March 8, 1980.

She was a member of the Fairfield Pond Association. For many years she was an active volunteer for the Diocese of Vermont Bishop’s Fund Drives. She was a member of the St. Albans Hospital Joint Committee and saw success in the merger of St. Albans and Kerbs Memorial Hospitals. She loved flowers and enjoyed spending leisure time with her family, especially her grandchildren at their camp at Fairfield Pond. She was employed at McCuin Fuels, in Highgate, most of her working life. She had been a bookkeeper for the Central Vermont Railway, prior to being at McCuins for over 25 years. She retired in 1979.

Her survivors include her three children: Brian and his wife, Marilyn Bushey, of Irving, Texas, Anne and her husband Hilario Madamba of Freemont, Calif., Brenda Turner of Fairfax; four grandchildren: twins Joy and Haney Madamba, Joseph Madamba, Jesse Turner; and a brother, Edward and Phyllis Dougherty of East Hartford, Conn.; several nieces and nephews. Besides her husband, Alton, she was predeceased by her parents; two sisters, Vivian Dougherty and Katherine Cioffi; and a brother, William Dougherty

A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 2 p.m., Monday, June 13, 2005, in The Church of the Nativity in Swanton. Friends may call at the Brady & Levesque Funeral Home, 86 South Main St., St. Albans, from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Sunday. Interment will follow in the Bushey family lot in St. Mary’s Cemetery, Swanton.

An online condolence book has been established at the Brady & Levesque web site: http://www.bnlfh.com.

Arrangements are entrusted to the Brady & Levesque Funeral Home and Commemorative Services.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: