Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 06:14:02 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  June 15th Public Hearing on proposed condominiums
« previous next »
: [1]
: June 15th Public Hearing on proposed condominiums  ( 3704 )
JLB
: 56

« : May 25, 2005, 03:07:52 PM »

Two large parcels of land within the growth center are planned for dense residential development.

1.  Paige Estates.
This land is across from Nan's Mobil.  It is under developement by Bill Superneau.  A total of 19 residential units is planned for this very open and scenic piece of Fairfax.    It will be combination of condos. and duplexes.

There will be a public hearing on June 15th at 8:00 for residents to voice any concerns about this particular development.

2.  Lost Tree Development
This land is across from Minor's.   It is under development by Paul Bean.  A total of 44 condominiums is planned.

I fully understand that Fairfax has become a bedroom community for Chittenden County and growth will happen.   I fully understand and empathize with farmers, who for one reason or another, have sold their land.   My only concern is that the development be done in a manner sensitive to the scenic beauty of Fairfax.      If not done with care, it will have a long term detrimental effect on the beauty of Fairfax.  I believe at a very minimum the developers of these parcels should be required to install a predetermined amount of landscaping, mainly trees.  So that the residential units will blend in with natural beauty of Fairfax.

My general impression of those serving office in Fairfax, is that they encourage residents to be informed and to voice concerns.   I am told that if a petition is signed by atleast 10 residents stating a concern, the Planning Commission and DRB must take the concern into serious consideration when approving the developments.      Chapter 117, section 4465.

If you are concerned about these particular developements and might want to join forces to get a petiton started, please contact me.   My email address is:  bruning@verizon.net

Sincerely,

Jackie Bruning

JLB
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : May 30, 2005, 07:21:57 PM »

PUBLIC NOTICE
FAIRFAX DEVELOPMENT REVIEW BOARD

The Fairfax Development Review Board will hold their regularly scheduled meeting Wednesday, June 15, 2005 at 7:00 PM at the Town Office Building to act on the following:

Land Across From Minors
7:15 PM- Request of Rene Boissoneault and Lost Tree, Inc. for a Preliminary Plat Review of a Planned Residential Development (PRO) consisting of forty-four units in six multi-unit buildings on 18.2 acres located on Main Street in the Mixed Use District. The parcel is owned by the applicant. Refer to Article 3.0, Section 3.4.B; Article 5.0, Sections 5.1,5.2,5.3,5.4,5.5,5.7 and 5.8; Article VI, Section 601; Article VII; and Appendix A of the Town of Fairfax Zoning Bylaws and Subdivision Regulations, as approved September 12, 2000, and amended May 23, 2002; and the Town of Fairfax Vermont Interim Subdivision Regulations Concerning the Construction of New Roads, adopted September 22, 2004.

Land Across From Nans
8:00 PM- Request of Paige Estates, LLC for a Sketch Plan Review of a Planned Residential Development (PRO) consisting of 19 units in eight multi-unit buildings on 26.75 acres located on Main Street in the Growth Center and Ag./Forest Resource Districts and owned by the applicant. Refer to Article 3.0, Sections 3.4.A and 3.4.D; Article 4.0, Section 4.7; Article 5.0, Sections 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.7, and 5.8; Article II, Sections 201, 203, and 204; Article VII; and Appendix A of the Town of Fairfax Zoning Bylaws and Subdivision Regulations, as approved September 12, 2000, and amended May 23, 2002; and the Town of Fairfax Vermont Interim Subdivision Regulations Concerning the Construction of New Roads, adopted September 22, 2004.

Henry Raymond
JLB
: 56

« #2 : June 02, 2005, 07:43:30 PM »

I am told that when the condos went in on River Rd, the landscaping was never finished.    A few very large piles of dirt were left.    They should have been graded and leveled out.     Now these piles have turned into mounds of weeds.

This is one of the types of concerns a few of us have about PRD (planned residential developments) or in laymen terms condos, townhouses, etc.

Please spread the word about the hearing on the 15th.

JLB
mirjo
: 785

« #3 : June 04, 2005, 03:05:26 AM »

Whatever happened to the single family home? Why are the citizens of Fairfax allowing seemingly greedy developers come in and build nothing but unattractive "multiplexes"? Look at the  new neighborhoods going in all over town, every field it seems now has something being built in it....even far outside of the supposed "growth center". There isn't a tree nor a hedgerow among them! Even the developements that have really nice houses aren't all that appealing to look at. Forget the odd mixes of condos, houses, duplexes etc that comprise some of the areas "neighborhoods", they're even worse.
It's true that Fairfax is becoming a bedroom community for chittenden county but I think it's being perpetuated by the people who only want to scatter odd clusters of "units" around town (to make more $, of course) than to build actual homes that people want to live in, not just sleep in. For as long as I've been around this town (over 20 years) it has always been about community, family, knowing your neighbor...roots. The people who live here have an investment in the town and all that goes on here. I think we need to stand up to these developers and make them build responsibly.....not just dump 44 units on 18 acres because they can, but build affordable single family homes, with yards for kids to play in.
Unless the goal is to change Fairfax completely, I urge everyone who can attend the DRB meeting to go and express their concern on this issue.

LMB

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: