Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 05:26:46 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  No Internet On Verizon Until A Short While Ago
« previous next »
: [1]
: No Internet On Verizon Until A Short While Ago  ( 4592 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 15, 2008, 03:39:47 PM »

Hi All,

Well, not that it makes Mike Cain any happier, was happy to read I was not completely crazy.  Talked with Skip Taylor, Jim Groseclose and Father Rome and asked them if they had any problems getting on the Internet and all told me that they had been on with no problem.  My problem started about 8 a.m. this morning when I could not get on line.  I did the usual, disconnecting everything and shutting down both computers and then starting up again several times, but still nothing.  The first time I called Verizon, the guy tried to get me going, but readily admitted he was not that familiar with my Linksys Router.  Maryann and I connect via a cable to a router.  He spoke perfect English, but seemed to lack some expertise.  He determined that I had a password problem, but had to give me the bad news that due to a problem he had, he was unable to reset it.  He told me that when a problem like this occurs, it is usually down for about an hour and would I call him back then.  I waited an hour and called back.  This time I spoke with someone not as fluent with the English Language.  After telling what had happened so far, he told me he would have to speak with his Net Ops supervisor and said, "You are in Vermont?"  I told him yes.  He then told me that he would have to speak with his Net Ops supervisor again.  He came back and told me that all of Area Code 802 in Vermont was having problems.  He then told me to call back in 24 hours.

Well, that went over well???  I said "What??"

That is when he told me they had not determined the cause of the problem.  Needless to say, I was not the happiest person in the world, but what can you do?

I called WCAX and asked them if they knew that Verizon was down Statewide??  They did not, but said they would check it out.

I kind of got this feeling of lonliness after talking to Jim, Skip and Father Rome.  Seemed like only me and the Tech Support at Verizon knew DSL was down.  I did call Verizon a couple more times today, as I strongly suspected they were giving me a line of BS, but when I called again around 3:45, the message said they had corrected the problem in area code 802, however seems like quite a large group in Pennsylvania are still down.

As you may have guessed by now, Verizon DSL is up at 473 Fletcher Road - Its been a long day.

Henry Raymond
fletchtb
: 310

« #1 : April 15, 2008, 04:27:27 PM »

It seemed awfully quiet around here today. Now I guess we know why.

Does Verizon actually consider the phone calls they answered from you today to actually be Customer Service???
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : April 15, 2008, 05:31:10 PM »

That's odd.
I live next to Mike and across from Skip's workplace and didn't notice anything wrong.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
MikeF9
: 1994

« #3 : April 15, 2008, 10:50:25 PM »

Here goes...........

I couldn't log on last night. Something about invalid password.
Same thing this morning. Called Verizon, got a very nice well-spoken man, who guided me to a new password and got me back online. I then went to update the site, but found my 530MB of space was reduced to 500MB.
Ugh.
Downloaded the 2005 scrapbook, unpublished the scrapbook, then went back and deleted a few of the 2005 pictures that were, like, 1.5MB. Then I was able to update the site.
That was just the morning.
Afternoon, it came up with another code about remote computer not responding. Called Verizon. This guy was DEFINITELY in India, as I had trouble understanding him.
Ultimately, he was telling me it my computer's fault and my modem was old, and I was ready so frustrated, I wanted to eat my computer screen.
Had to go to work. Came home for supper and I connected OK.
Whatever.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #4 : April 16, 2008, 02:34:09 PM »

If this is DSL service, is Verizion who you pay your telephone bill to also?
MikeF9
: 1994

« #5 : April 16, 2008, 10:48:30 PM »

Yes.
The second guy was trying to get me to connect with service department to order a new modem. I said no, because they were leaving us and didn't know what would happen when Fairpoint finally takes over.

Which begs the question..........
What will happen to us who have e-mail addresses thru Verizon?
Are we going to have to reconnect with Fairpoint's software?
When are they going to let us know when something will change?
I should have said "begs the questions"

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #6 : April 17, 2008, 02:24:53 PM »

Google Email, gmail, is the way to go.

Web based, darn near unlimited in box. 6632mb of space.

For now it is free.

You can set it up to check any other e-mail address you have also.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: