Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:05:15 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  UPDATE ON KYLE
« previous next »
: [1]
: UPDATE ON KYLE  ( 4959 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 28, 2004, 07:57:32 AM »

Hi Everyone!

Kyle's mother sent out the following note regarding Kyle's recovery:

Just wanted to keep you all posted on Kyle.

He's doing really well considering all his body has been through.  He's still a bit weak, in a small amount of pain all the time, and is sick of being down already (hahaha).  And we've had an issue with the bar sticking out (through the skin) on his right side.  Had him down to Burlington yesterday to have the doctor look at it.  He said it IS out further than he'd like it, but wants to wait 2-6 weeks.  He wants to see if tissue will grow around the bar, and if it makes a difference when Kyle gains some of the weight he's lost back (15 pounds).  He also said he doesn't want the bar to be too tight as he grows because it will then act as a corsett around his rib cage, and that constitutes a whole different set of problems. So, during this amount of time, he will decide if Kyle needs same day surgery to snip and tuck the bar.  His attitude is great though, and I'm trying to fatten him up with making all his favorite foods!  

To those of you here in Vermont and Maine, hope you are all staying warm!  To those of you in PA, OH and NJ, hope you aren't homebound too long from all the snow!

Take care!

God Bless!

Mary Beth

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: