Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 09:29:00 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  BFA Fairfax Senior Joins Army National Guard
« previous next »
: [1]
: BFA Fairfax Senior Joins Army National Guard  ( 2058 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 25, 2008, 07:47:17 AM »

Anthony Mapes, son of Ron & Jill Mapes of Fairfax, will graduate from BFA Fairfax this coming June.  Sometime in July Anthony will head off for Missouri to start a 6 months training with the Army National Guard.  He stopped by yesterday and seems very enthusiastic about his upcoming experience.  He has been told that he can expect to be deployed in 2010, although he doesn't know where.

I got to know Anthony several years ago after my second bout with some clogged arteries.  My family decided at that time that there would be no pushing the lawn mower to do the trimming, so my youngest daughter hired young Anthony to do my trimming for me and he has been doing it ever since.  Maryann and I both think the world of him and certainly will miss him.  He is certainly an excellent example for our Fairfax Teenagers.

Although I have not heard it officially, I believe another 2008 BFA-Fairfax Graduate,  Jacob Langelier has also enlisted.

Henry Raymond
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #1 : February 25, 2008, 08:11:08 AM »

I cannot say enough to thank these young men and women that still commit to protecting this country and its beliefs.  And willing to be deployed over seas to help another country try and enjoy the same freedoms we have here.

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : February 28, 2008, 08:48:51 AM »

I did receive confirmation that Jake Langelier has also joined the National Guard.  A couple of other names of Seniors that have not been confirmed as yet as joining the Military are, Elijah Paradee and Sam Graves.

I will be more than happy to post photos of any or all of them.  A great group of young people.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: