Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:22:44 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Robert (Bob) Horr - Candidate For 3 Year Term On Fairfax Selectboard
« previous next »
: [1]
: Robert (Bob) Horr - Candidate For 3 Year Term On Fairfax Selectboard  ( 2451 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 28, 2008, 06:50:12 PM »

CANDIDATE FOR 3 YEAR TERM ON THE FAIRFAX SELECTBOARD

Hello! My name is Robert (Bob) Horr. I have submitted a petition to the Fairfax Town Clerk as a candidate for the 3 year selectboard term in Fairfax.

Education: High School graduate in 1960; AAS Degree Mech./Industrial Technology.
Military:  U.S. Army 1966-1968- Vietnam 1967
Recent Employment: IBM Essex Jct. 1968-2003 Process Development/ Equipment Eng ; TF Mackin Construction, 12/2005- 2/2007. Currently semi-retired.

I have been married to my wife Sharon since 1965. I have lived at my residence on McNall road since September, 1968. As a partner at the Georgia Hill Tree Farm we have been growing and selling Christmas trees and hay for over 34 years. Our three children were raised in Fairfax and graduated from BFA. My two daughters graduated from UVM and are employed in VT while my son graduated from SUNY/Plattsburg is employed in Maine.

I served as a member of the BFA Fairfax schoolboard from March 1980 – March 1990. I was the chair for at least 5 years and participated in every teacher union/schoolboard negotiation session. During the last 2 years of my second term I was involved with the school addition which currently houses the present library, multipurpose room and the Computer technology areas on the second floor.

From March 2002 to March 2006 I served two terms on the Fairfax Selectboard. While in that position I was involved in many projects which dealt with all phases of Town  government. To name a few, I participated in upgrading the Town plan currently in place, pursued the search for additional water supplies for the village and worked with the VT Dept. of Transportation to improve dangerous intersections on town highways. After the 13 inch rainfall on Labor Day 2004 I worked with and assisted Don Pigeon by enlisting the aid of the VT DOT and Rivers and Streams, FEMA and the USDA in the repair/improvement of many Town roads, culverts, and bridges which were destroyed. All roads were passable 24 hours later.

If elected to this position I will continue to work on improving the infrastructure of this great town that we have. I have no other agenda. I will also continue to operate in a manner that is fair and equitable and listen to all input. I fully believe in fiscal responsibility and not TAX and SPEND. 

Having resided in a rural agricultural area for almost 60 years I understand the delicate balance that exists between obtaining funding through property taxes but not inhibiting the operation of small businesses and farms who are the major contributors to our tax base. My 39 years of residence in the town  as a parent, taxpayer, past schoolboard  and selectboard member  along with my agricultural commitments has given me an appreciation for the value of living in a community like Fairfax. I know that the majority of the residents have that feeling and would like to retain these attributes.

If elected I will give the same commitment to this position as I have to all my previous public and private endeavors; 100%.

If you would like to discuss specific points of concern that may be pertinent to my candidacy and the Fairfax  selectboard please call me at 802-849-6330 after 6:00 PM.

PLEASE VOTE FOR CANDIDATE OF YOUR CHOICE ON MARCH 4, 2008 at BFA.

Thank you for your attention.
« : January 28, 2008, 07:11:18 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: