Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:27:58 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  FAIRFAX HISTORICAL SOCIETY HEARS FROM LIBRARY STAFF
« previous next »
: [1]
: FAIRFAX HISTORICAL SOCIETY HEARS FROM LIBRARY STAFF  ( 2431 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 21, 2005, 08:44:15 AM »

Hi all,

Joy Labaron, School Librarian and Sharon Horr, Town Librarian, provided the Fairfax Historical Society with some great historical information last evening.  Sharon read some notes from an early notebook passed on by Louise McArdle who was very involved in the early library as well as the Fairfax Historical Society.

Mike Cain joined in remembrances of the Old Library as his mother was also one of the early librarians.  Sadly, neither Mike or I thought of taping the presentation, as I found it to be one of the more interesting ones we have had in a long time.  Much unrecorded information was presented since both Sharon and Joy are long time librarians

Sharon Horr, Joy Labaron and Sally Sweet are shown above during refreshments after the meeting.

Sharon Horr, Joy Labaron, Sally Sweet, Steve Overton and Toni Stone are shown above after the meeting.

Just getting ready to leave are Rev. Paul Maffin, Pastor of Redeeming Grace Church here in Fairfax with his wife and Barbara Duval also of Fairfax.

By the way, Sharon and Joy mentioned that they will be having a program of Irish Music on March 12th if my memory serves me correctly which will be in the New Elementary Gym at BFA.  The program should last about an hour and for all you Irish as well as want to be Irish, it should make a great evening of entertainment.

I'm sure the information will be appearing in the upcoming events.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: